Author Topic: PDF Tool  (Read 1109 times)

lyonsden5

PDF Tool
« on: August 24, 2008, 09:08:29 PM »
Ok my favorite computer and software gurus... I have another request from you. 

I am looking for an alternative to Adobe Acrobat. I work with ACAD drawings all day long. More and more we are receiving our documents in PDF format only (no paper documents at all). I need a tool that will allow me to mark up these drawings. Not just add some text, or a red square around something. I need to be able to highlight different areas with different colors.

Ideally it would be free (what can I say  :bag: ) but if the software does what I need it to do I don't mind paying for it. I just don't want to pay the hundreds of dollars it would cost to get the full version of Adobe Acrobat.

Suggestions?

:thanks:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: PDF Tool
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 10:02:08 PM »
I do not know, if it fits the bill (I know that it can highlight text), but a collegue recommended PDF XChange Viewer to me.
I use it at work mainly for simply viewing PDF files (I was sick of the long start-up of Acrobat Reader).

lyonsden5

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 11:27:47 PM »
WOW - Thanks Tom. That is absolutely perfect! Using the pencil tool with a wide setting and a low opacity setting I can highlight all kinds of "stuff" using all kinds of colors. The other editing tools are great as well

And you are correct, it is much faster than Acrobat Reader.

I'm sure how I missed your reply when you posted but I am truly grateful for the tip    :cheers:

lyonsden5

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 03:16:52 AM »
Tabs for multiple PDFs.  :o This get's better and better!

Anyone who uses PDFs a lot should check out this program.

Thanks again Tom!  :yu:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 08:13:15 AM »
No problem, I am glad this tip helps!

RossRoy

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 08:52:40 PM »
I have a related question. I need to make PDF forms.

The forms themselves were made in Word, and then turned into PDF using pdfFactory. I now need to take these PDF and add form elements to them. I have Acrobat Professional here but I hate how it works for that. Is there anything out there that might be easier to use, or built specifically for creating forms? (preferably free of course)