Author Topic: The Postal Services works in mysterious ways.  (Read 789 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
The Postal Services works in mysterious ways.
« on: January 24, 2009, 10:17:26 PM »
Until today I waited for two shipments from the US. Both from Amazon. First shipped on January 5th, second on January 11th. Both will be processed by german customs.

The first one arrived today. But it's the one shipped 01/11.

Sometimes I order something in the UK and after it has been shipped it will be delivered the day after tomorrow. Sometimes it takes a whole two weeks to deliver something over the channel.

And I have no idea why.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Touti

Re: The Postal Services works in mysterious ways.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 10:38:03 PM »
Most postal services can't inspect every single parcel that they import, they just don't have the man power to do that so they will pick some parcels to check them while others will just go through as regular "inside" mail.

The problem is that when a parcel is "chosen" for inspection if often remains on a shelf for many days before someone actually gets to it an processes it.

I've seen "big" orders from DD getting to me in 3 days while orders of only 2 or 3 movies took up to three weeks because of customs.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: The Postal Services works in mysterious ways.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 07:41:15 AM »
Perfect symetry: The first parcel which had been shipped six days before the other one has now arrived - six days after the other one.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools