Author Topic: X-Men Origins: Wolverine  (Read 12362 times)

lovemunkey187

Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2009, 03:27:49 AM »
There was another one at the very end of the credits.  It was probably shorter than the one you saw, but I thought it was interesting.

(click to show/hide)

??? You had a different scene to us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2009, 06:32:51 AM »
There was another one at the very end of the credits.  It was probably shorter than the one you saw, but I thought it was interesting.

(click to show/hide)

??? You had a different scene to us.
(click to show/hide)

Well that is odd that there are different scenes.  Hmmmm.  Weird.  Now I'm wondering if there are other different scenes. 

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2009, 07:14:53 AM »
They make it so you really can't afford snacks that the theater anymore! came to almost $35 for 2 people at a matinee? definitely a little steep. No pop-corn and soda next time I guess.
It's because the studio ask too much money to the theatre, sometimes 90% of the ticket price, for a movie print (or a digital copy). So it's the only way for a theatre to make a profit or even have the money to pay the personnel. Usually the pourcentage decrease each week, but how many times a film is shown more than 2 weeks? Not often...

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2009, 03:09:16 PM »
Yesterday I was in the theatre and watched Wolverine. It was a very nice popcorn movie, nothing more or less.

IMHO there should have been mor blood though. You can't ram three blades into someone then retract them and they look as clean as if they were in the kitchen drawer.

And it would have been better if Stryker had simply tried to kill Wolverine with the Adamantium bullets instead of exactly predicting what would happen - how could he know that?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 03:24:24 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Najemikon

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2009, 07:27:18 PM »
Yesterday I was in the theatre and watched Wolverine. It was a very nice popcorn movie, nothing more or less.

IMHO there should have been mor blood though. You can't ram three blades into someone then retract them and they look as clean as if they were in the kitchen drawer.

And it would have been better if Stryker had simply tried to kill Wolverine with the Adamantium bullets instead of exactly predicting what would happen - how could he know that?

That rang a bell and I realised I'd almost the same line in Empire:
The plot is riddled with more holes than a holiday resort for moles. A key scene – which has been teased in flashback stabs throughout the X-Men series – sees James Logan become Wolverine via extraordinarily painful surgery that coats his skeleton and bone-claws with indestructible metal adamantium, overseen by evil army czar Stryker. But it’s hard to take a villain seriously when he’s dumb enough to wait until after an invincibility operation to attempt to erase the hero’s memory. Later, realising there’s not much in the way of tension when nothing can harm the protagonist, the writers introduce something that can: a gun with adamantium bullets. But later still, Stryker changes his mind and declares that an adamantium bullet would only make Wolverine forget things. How would he know?!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2009, 10:02:44 PM »

Stryker knowing about what the bullets would do to Wolverine/Logan bugged me too...especially since when you watch the second movie, he is surprised that Logan doesn't remember things.  And it seemed like earlier in the movie he thought the adamantium bullets would be able to kill Logan.  Then he switches his story about the bullets.  That part was annoying.  I didn't mind using the bullets to explain Logan's memory problem..the reason in the comics is much more complex and involves aspects of his story that aren't in the movie, so the bullets work..just the changing explanation from Stryker is bad.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2009, 03:49:53 AM »
I ended up going to see it again.  Same theater but on a different screen - it is showing on 2 here.  Well the previews were slightly different, so that got me thinking and I decided to stay after the end of the movie.  It was the second scene instead of the one I saw last Friday. 

lovemunkey187

« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2009, 02:47:17 PM »
I ended up going to see it again.  Same theater but on a different screen - it is showing on 2 here.  Well the previews were slightly different, so that got me thinking and I decided to stay after the end of the movie.  It was the second scene instead of the one I saw last Friday. 

You've got me even more tempted to go and see it again now.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2009, 10:00:07 PM »
I was reading some things about the movie last night.  I was almost sure that there was going to be a scene after the credits before I first saw it..I had no clue there were two possible extra scenes at that point. 

I did read that the decision has been made to make a Deadpool movie with Ryan Reynolds and another Wolverine movie.  The little article about the Deadpool movie said there were going to be 3 other X-Men related movies, counting the second Wolverine movie.  It didn't say what the other two movies would be.  One could be the Origin movie for Magneto..though I have no idea if that one is still going to be made or not.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2009, 06:36:44 AM »
In the (Cool) Shite on the Tube podcast they mentioned there mnay even be 3(!) different endings...

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2009, 07:14:44 AM »
3??  Good grief.  Well if there is a third, they better all be on the DVD.

I'm wondering if a Gambit movie is a possibility now.

Najemikon

« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2009, 06:30:59 PM »
There were rumours of 6 endings at one point! Empire did a feature on hidden endings and suggested Fox are trying to outwit pirates, especially after the leaked version. Certainly it will take them longer to work out if they have illegal copies with all the correct endings, so I'm all for it...

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2009, 10:51:29 PM »
6 endings?  Wow..I hadn't heard of that possibility.