Author Topic: X-Men Origins: Wolverine  (Read 12364 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2009, 07:26:54 AM »
And looking like the actual Burt Reynolds for the rest of my life :o
Thanks, but no thanks :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2009, 07:30:29 AM »
[...] I will be turning the big 4-0!  :P
Finally catching up then, eh? :P

40 isn't all that bad, really. Just be prepared that it's the point where small problems start to occur, like pains in unusal places that you didn't have before. I heart though that 50 will be worse :fingerchew:

But honestly I don't make a big deal with that, my freaking out because of my age had happen when I've seen my first white hair (not hard to hide) and the first wrinkles apparition near my eyes. This last one was the real blow since I've always look younger than my age but what can we do against this? Nothing, so what the hell at least I don't lose my hair... yet :laugh:
For me it was always the question what will happen first: loosing my hair or it turning grey. Unfortunately I have some sort of mix now, loosing most of it on the top and the remainder slowly turning grey :slap:

Not to rub it in, but it my case, this year I'll be entering my third decade.
Those Were The Days...

We feel honored that you hang out with us old farts here...  :cheers:

The years around my 30th birthday were the best of my life. I had just come to Taiwan and had a blast here.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2009, 11:55:11 AM »
Went and watched Wolverine yesterday.

It was really good.

Don't forget(like previous Marvel films) to stick around until the end of the credits.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2009, 12:48:34 PM »
Went and watched Wolverine yesterday.

It was really good.

Don't forget(like previous Marvel films) to stick around until the end of the credits.

Thanks for the tip... will be sure to!  :)
Pete

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2009, 12:43:29 AM »
Well, Roger Ebert's review made me chuckle a few times; I especially like his tagline: "A monosyllabic superhero who wouldn't pass the Turing Test". Now, as I said elsewhere, Ebert can't really be trusted when it comes to superhero movies, but his review seems like an apt description. Don't plan to see it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 01:27:48 AM by goodguy »
Matthias

Najemikon

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2009, 01:01:04 AM »
Empire usually hit the middle ground between quality and pure Superhero fun. They hated it and scored it 2 out of 5. I've never really read Wolverine but the gist seems to be that the comics have come up with multiple possible origins, yet the film picks an all new one and it doesn't make sense when you think about it too long. In fact, they pick up on a couple of plot points that basically don't add up. Worst of all they thought Wolverine himself came off a bit flat.

I was never overly bothered about seeing it until it's on DVD, so I'll see what the fan reaction comes out like. Certainly LoveMunkey suggests it's more fun than that.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2009, 09:35:18 AM »
I'll watch it on Tuesday and let you know what I think.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2009, 10:21:01 AM »
Looks like I will be seeing it tomorrow (unless she changes her mind in the last minute) and I will let you know what I think... though not sure how much weight it will hold since most of you know I can usually find enjoyment in pretty much anything!  :P
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2009, 11:32:56 AM »
Here a review I just read. Makes me want to not watch it at all.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2009, 02:14:16 PM »
Empire usually hit the middle ground between quality and pure Superhero fun. They hated it and scored it 2 out of 5. I've never really read Wolverine but the gist seems to be that the comics have come up with multiple possible origins, yet the film picks an all new one and it doesn't make sense when you think about it too long. In fact, they pick up on a couple of plot points that basically don't add up. Worst of all they thought Wolverine himself came off a bit flat.

I was never overly bothered about seeing it until it's on DVD, so I'll see what the fan reaction comes out like. Certainly LoveMunkey suggests it's more fun than that.

I am not the hugest Wolverine fan, a big fan but wouldn't consider myself a fanboy.  But from what I see, they seem to have done a bit of pick 'n mix with elements from his back story. Y'know left out the fudge and toffee as they weigh too much and puts the price up, but still gone for a few jelly teddies, the flying saucers and flumps.

Will say that I didn't find Liev Schrieber as annoying as I normally do, if I'm being totally honest he was pretty cool as Sabretooth.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2009, 02:20:35 PM »
Y'know left out the fudge and toffee as they weigh too much and puts the price up, but still gone for a few jelly teddies, the flying saucers and flumps.

Gesundheit!
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Najemikon

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2009, 02:50:33 PM »

I am not the hugest Wolverine fan, a big fan but wouldn't consider myself a fanboy.  But from what I see, they seem to have done a bit of pick 'n mix with elements from his back story. Y'know left out the fudge and toffee as they weigh too much and puts the price up, but still gone for a few jelly teddies, the flying saucers and flumps.

Will say that I didn't find Liev Schrieber as annoying as I normally do, if I'm being totally honest he was pretty cool as Sabretooth.

:laugh:

Empire also did an interesting blog yesterday, inspired by Wolverine. It was about how studios should stop listening to fans, because both this and X-Men 3 suffered from having cameos by famous characters that shouldn't have been there in the first place. Gambit for instance? Everyone ends up short changed. The classic example is still Spidey 3. Remove Venom and the film is instantly better. He was there because Raimi was told he had to be there after the fans said he should be there. Result? Shit film.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2009, 07:09:54 PM »
I want to see it just because of Hugh Jackman's "new" body! :drooling:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2009, 07:58:37 PM »
I want to see it just because of Hugh Jackman's "new" body! :drooling:

Pfft. Women. Only looking for the body, never for the soul. Men would never do such a thing!  :whistle:

Karsten

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2009, 09:08:24 PM »
Pete