Author Topic: I hate New York  (Read 1856 times)

Touti

I hate New York
« on: November 02, 2007, 04:31:08 AM »
Just thought I'd share that deep thought :hysterical:

lyonsden5

Re: I hate New York
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 06:31:53 AM »
heh - sorry to hear that.

Never been there but have heard it's not the friendliest of places. Then there's the fact that I was born in Chicago so I've never felt the need or want to go to NY.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 01:20:34 PM »
 :laugh:
Sympathy point for Eric.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 04:41:27 PM »
Never been there but's great setting for TV shows! ;)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Najemikon

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 10:39:03 PM »
I know several people who have visited New York and so far the score is 2 to 1! Two of them adored it, one was indifferent (all seperate trips). Personally, I would love to visit one day, but then I wouldn't mind seeing more of the U.S. in any case.

EDIT: As long as I don't have to watch your sitcoms!  :devil: Saying that I love films set in New York because of the banter. The Taking of Pelham 123 is one of my absolute favourites.

Touti

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 01:44:12 PM »
There's probably a big difference between people who decide to come to new-york to visit and people like me who had to come for 3 weeks for work.  If this was a pleasure trip for a week or so, if I had to the time to walk on broadway, park avenue, go spend money on Canal st, I would probably enjoye the trip.  Having to stay 3 weeks, in a small apartment, getting every morning to go to work as if I was at home, with morning traffic, tons of people everywhere making it hard to work, sirens all the time, cars and taxis overusing the horns, this is not an enjoyable environment..............1 more week and I'm done.

xyrano

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 02:04:08 PM »
There's probably a big difference between people who decide to come to new-york to visit and people like me who had to come for 3 weeks for work.  If this was a pleasure trip for a week or so, if I had to the time to walk on broadway, park avenue, go spend money on Canal st, I would probably enjoye the trip.  Having to stay 3 weeks, in a small apartment, getting every morning to go to work as if I was at home, with morning traffic, tons of people everywhere making it hard to work, sirens all the time, cars and taxis overusing the horns, this is not an enjoyable environment..............1 more week and I'm done.
:hmmmm: that sounds familiar...
I loath the time I have to spend on the trains to get to and from work every day. Luckily, I found three free news papers we Swedes get at the train station which contain at least 1 Suduko each :thumbup: Occupying myself with these keep me from noticing all the other peoples who probably feel the same way I do ::)

RossRoy

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 04:33:54 PM »
contain at least 1 Suduko each :thumbup: Occupying myself with these keep me from noticing all the other peoples who probably feel the same way I do ::)

You could always go there, and generate a few sudoku, then print them out.  ;D

xyrano

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 11:08:40 PM »
contain at least 1 Suduko each :thumbup: Occupying myself with these keep me from noticing all the other peoples who probably feel the same way I do ::)

You could always go there, and generate a few sudoku, then print them out.  ;D
Weeeeeee...  :hmmmm: now, where is my pen...