Author Topic: x-box 360: games, gaming and your game list.  (Read 48001 times)

RossRoy

Re: x-box 360: games, gaming and your game list.
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2009, 10:57:36 PM »
I received the Shishkebab schematics today (as a reward for a quest) and for a short while I thought that was a fancy name for the dart gun. Seems I was wrong.

No, it's really called Dart Gun

Found the merchant Lucky today. When leaving the store three Talon mercenaries popped up right in front of me :o Killed one of them myself and the other two were torn apart by a Yao Guai (nto sure why though, they are not supposed to do that yet, only with the second level of the perk :shrug:). Still having my hands full with Mirelurks and scorpians...

Well, since the Yao Guai wasn't going to attack you because of your perk, it would attack the next target available: The Talons ;)

RossRoy

« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2009, 11:26:54 PM »
My RROD Xbox is still acting up.. I can boot it up and play a while, sometimes less than 5 seconds, up to 30 minutes  yesterday evening.

Then it'll freeze. So I turn it off, and then back on.

1 of 2 things may happen at that point. Either it boots back up normally and I can play a few minutes until it freezes again. Or, it'll give me the RROD.

If it's the RROD, there's method to check what the secondary error code is (by holding the controller sync button, and pressing eject to have the lights flash out the error code). In my case I get "0102". According to most site I've seen, which all say the same thing as this one, it's an unknown error!

Lucky me!

And since the problem is intermittent, it is actually a risk to send it back to Microsoft for repair, because if I'm unlucky and it doesn't do the RROD error to them, it costs 125$ to repair (I think.. I very well might be wrong on that). A new one costs 199.99$ ... so I really want to pay 125$ just to repair my old Xbox, or 199.99$ and get an additional power supply (which would simplify moving the console around for Rock Band), and a second controller ?? (ok, it'd be an Arcade model, so I'd lose the chrome finish on the DVD reader front... but honestly... who cares about that? I certainly don't!)

Decisions... Decisions... (actually, the decision is already taken. I already bought the new console, but I hate that my current one is broken, but not entirely, yet)

RossRoy

« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2009, 12:13:31 AM »
Finally! It started crashing with RROD consistently enough to call support (must be the first time in my life I'm almost happy that something broke!)

So I called support, explained the situation.. Should be cleared on RROD warranty. Anyway, if it's not, I'm not paying to fix it so they'll have to send it back to still broken and I'll then tie a rope around it and use it as a boat anchor ;)

RossRoy

« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2009, 01:26:58 PM »
Well, I had my own AAAARGGHHH moment yesterday. I noticed at first that one trophy had not popped, despite the quest being complete. Read a bit one the internet and found that you MUST complete it in correct sequence.
(click to show/hide)
So, I went back to an older game save, redid the quest correctly as quick as possible and then continued with the other game save.

(click to show/hide)

RossRoy

« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2009, 02:30:02 AM »
Haha! Something funny just happened!

I was wandering around Jalbert Brothers Waste Disposal and stumbled on a few shacks. I heard fighting, and I cautiously approached. What I saw was really nice! There were 3 Yao Guais and 1 Deathclaw attacking the waslanders there (all of them hostile). Of course, the "animals" made short work of the wastelanders. When that fight was over, the Yao Guais turned on the Deathclaw! The Deathclaw managed to kill 2 of the Yao Guais before falling, but left be an almost dead Yao Guai, which I put out of its misery with a single laser pistol shot.

The sad thing is I didn't get any XP for those kills, but then, I'm already maxed out at level 20 so..

Oh and just a side note: Grim Reaper's Sprint is an AWESOME perk! ;)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2009, 09:26:14 AM »
Well, since the Yao Guai wasn't going to attack you because of your perk, it would attack the next target available: The Talons ;)
Makes sense. And given you're own hilarious story above (Yao Guai's breaking alliance and fighting the Deathclaw :hysterical:) obviously what happened there... I really enjoy these seemingly random encounters and how the world interacts with itself.

(click to show/hide)
Yes! The problem I had was that the trophy didn't show, indicating that I didn't do everything in correct order. Apparently you did it as required and shouldn't need any further. How did you enjoy your stay on Tranquility Lane? I thought the music was awesome and the mission really a refreshing departure from the normal style...

Sorry to hear about your further troubles with your XBOX and congratulations on your new one. GFingers crossed things will run smoothly from here on.

RossRoy

« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2009, 03:58:04 PM »
How did you enjoy your stay on Tranquility Lane? I thought the music was awesome and the mission really a refreshing departure from the normal style...

Yeah, that was fun!

The music was nice ... the first few times. Then it got repetitive and started getting on my nerves!

How did you solve it? Did you do the task assigned by Betty?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2009, 06:24:19 AM »
The music was nice ... the first few times. Then it got repetitive and started getting on my nerves!
Point taken. It was good that the mission was not too long...

How did you solve it? Did you do the task assigned by Betty?
Playing as a good character I avoided killing anyone... I ultimately did what the old lady told me and accessed the fail safe computer. Took me quite a few minutes to crack the access code...

(click to show/hide)
:bag: No. Although I had a :slap: moment when it was revealed.

RossRoy

« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2009, 03:59:26 PM »
Playing as a good character I avoided killing anyone... I ultimately did what the old lady told me and accessed the fail safe computer. Took me quite a few minutes to crack the access code...

Took me a while to realize there was a bottle BEHIND me to complete the code  :laugh:

RossRoy

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2009, 05:59:39 PM »
Have you visited Fort Constantine yet? There's a nice piece of armor in there, provided you get the proper keys... and training  ;)

Also, I found a Sat-Com array that allows to launch a nuclear attack on the Wasteland! As if there hasn't been enough of that already hahaha!

I found a random encounter with someone who had the coordinates of a very special place... I have yet to visit it though, I will go tonight.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 06:03:17 PM by RossRoy »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2009, 06:54:27 AM »
Have you visited Fort Constantine yet? There's a nice piece of armor in there, provided you get the proper keys... and training  ;)
So far I only had training for the Brotherhood's power armor. I only several different kinds though, like Enclave armor or Tesla armor (the latter not requiring training).

I was offered the Ranger armor yesterday but chose the mini-gun, a decision I may want to revise...

Also, I found a Sat-Com array that allows to launch a nuclear attack on the Wasteland! As if there hasn't been enough of that already hahaha!
I haven't found lots of stuff recently as I was working off a few open quests. Now I am down to one (next main story quest) so I will begin to roam the Wastelands again. Launching a nuclear attack might come in handy at some point (behemoth...?), provided they let you properly specify the target.

I found a random encounter with someone who had the coordinates of a very special place... I have yet to visit it though, I will go tonight.
ThreeDog keeps talking about one place (forgot the name right now, but it's actually already on my map, something about a guy and his robot helpers), so that's maybe where I'm heading next. Left lots of stuff in the Stanfpord(?) Hotel yesterday, will have to carry that home first, though.

Have you bought a theme for your home...? It's somewhat tempting, but we hardly ever there anyway. Or do they give you further improvements somehow?

RossRoy

« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2009, 03:41:32 PM »
Have you bought a theme for your home...? It's somewhat tempting, but we hardly ever there anyway. Or do they give you further improvements somehow?

I bought the Science theme actually, with all the house items: Pristine Nuka-Cola (Ice Cold Nuka-Cola!), My first Infirmary (love the free Rad healing), My first laboratory (rather useless IMO, a free chem a day) and My first workbench (pretty useless too actually, since there's free usable workbenches all over the place), and the Jukebox (totally utterly entirely useless - you already have a radio! and you can't tune the jukebox, it's stuck on GNR)

Speaking of Jukebox and Radio - Do you listen to the radio while you explore? Personally I tend to switch all the time between GNR, Enclave and Agatha's station (activated after a quest).

I currently have 3 active quests - Strictly Business (enslave a few VIP), Help the Outcast (Operation: Anchorage DLC) & Picking up the Trail (going to Vault 87).

I'm working on Strictly Business, but enslaving people when playing as a good character is not exactly "good"... but I decided that I'd enslave them - and then liberate them as soon as I can ;) (especially since I already know that gaining access to Vault 87 will involve going to Little Lamplight which will activate a quest to liberate other slaves. Might as well liberate the ones from Strictly Business as well while I'm at it! Should compensate for the bad karma)

Do you have any followers? I have Dogmeat, Charon and Star Paladin Cross following me around all the time. All, except Dogmeat of course, are equipped with Power Armor. Charon equipped with Enclave Power Armor actually looks scary with the glowing yellow eyes hahaha!

Oh and for the SatCom that allows launching a nuclear strike - you can't aim it (afaict).

There's one thing I love to do - which completely useless but I like the effects - and that's to blow up cars! Love the mini nuclear explosion, especially when there's a few cars bunched together! hahaha

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2009, 05:23:01 PM »
I bought the Science theme actually, with all the house items: Pristine Nuka-Cola (Ice Cold Nuka-Cola!), My first Infirmary (love the free Rad healing), My first laboratory (rather useless IMO, a free chem a day) and My first workbench (pretty useless too actually, since there's free usable workbenches all over the place), and the Jukebox (totally utterly entirely useless - you already have a radio! and you can't tune the jukebox, it's stuck on GNR)
the "perks" that come with the themes seem mostly fairly useless indeed...except the Rad healing, that's the one I could use. Not that I don't have enough RadAway at the moment, but I always like to save it up... :slaphead:

Speaking of Jukebox and Radio - Do you listen to the radio while you explore? Personally I tend to switch all the time between GNR, Enclave and Agatha's station (activated after a quest).
I didn't at first, mostly because I was unaware. Now I listen to GNR all the time (even purchased some songs for my iPhone on iTunes :bag:); don't have other stations, really. Found two others, but they seemed to be limited to a small area,

I currently have 3 active quests - Strictly Business (enslave a few VIP), Help the Outcast (Operation: Anchorage DLC) & Picking up the Trail (going to Vault 87).
Picking up the Trail is also my current main story quest.

Do you have any followers? I have Dogmeat, Charon and Star Paladin Cross following me around all the time. All, except Dogmeat of course, are equipped with Power Armor. Charon equipped with Enclave Power Armor actually looks scary with the glowing yellow eyes hahaha!
Star Paladin Cross follows me. Well, I told her to wait at home until I will work on the main story again, she is just too trigger happy (I could tell her...) and doesn't seem to understand the concept of cover. If she'd get killed during the main mission, fine, but not during exploration, please.

I believe I heard the name Charon. I have tot been to the scrapyard where the dog is yet.

There's one thing I love to do - which completely useless but I like the effects - and that's to blow up cars! Love the mini nuclear explosion, especially when there's a few cars bunched together! hahaha
Will have to try myself. So far I only noticed that they tend to explode when I take cover behind them :slaphead:

xyrano

« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2009, 09:02:10 AM »
  • Call of Duty 3 (3/5). Stuck due to error in game, other then that its a good game.

What's the problem?
The problem is a weapon I have to use to be able to continue, that is not working. I don't know the name of the weapon, so... The weapon is placed on the ground and when fired, lobs a grenade of sorts. The object is to blow up two trucks some distance slightly below, from the current position which I believe is a trenche. To the right of the trench is a bunker made out of wood which was the entry point to this objective. The weapon (when working) can be tilted and turn to affect the target point of the grenade. This does not work (atleast for me). It will only turn to the right and it can not be tilted. + there are multiple enemy soldiers storming the place, killing me all the time. I gave up after three attempts.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 09:04:55 AM by xyrano »

xyrano

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2009, 09:19:23 AM »
Sounds like Fallout 3 be worth keeping for a later try :)

I've been playing FEAR 2 and enjoing it plenty. I particullary like the movement and weapon animations of my carachter, the fellow soldiers, the story line and ofcourse the occational scare treatment :)
Without "telling" too much, I'd say, there are places that are particullar scary  :fingerchew: