Author Topic: x-box 360: games, gaming and your game list.  (Read 47980 times)

xyrano

x-box 360: games, gaming and your game list.
« on: November 23, 2008, 03:45:25 PM »
x-box 360 games I've got so far (not playing online in any fashion):
  • Call of Duty 3 (3/5). Stuck due to error in game, other then that its a good game.
  • Dead Space (5/5). Completed: 2 times. Started a third time.
  • FarCry Instincts Predator (2/5). Started, but doubtfull I will play anymore.
  • FarCry 2 (4/5). Completed once.
  • Fallout 3 (?/5). Initially I found this boring, but I might give it another try later.
  • Halo 3 (4/5). Completed 2 times.
  • Laura Croft: Anniversary (2/5). The low score is due to the camera control as it really makes me angry.
  • Perfect Dark: Zero (4/5). Completed once.
  • Star Wars: The force Unleached (5/5). Completed 2 times.
Oh... and it took some adjusting to handle the control, seeing as I'm a PC gamer. You know... mouse and keyboard thingie :)
It's actually funny, before getting the console I was speaking against playing games on a console but after finishing Halo 3 I thought it would be cool to play Halo 1 & 2 on the console. It is interesting to see how ones own preference change. I guess, change is welcome as long as there is time to adjust.

RossRoy

Re: x-box 360: games, gaming and your game list.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 05:55:07 PM »
Might as well list what I have too - even though my fraking 360 is not back yet. I sometimes play online, but only Rock Band so far. I may extend that somewhat eventually.:
  • Project Gotham Racing 3 (?) - Not completed -
    It came with the Xbox back in 2006 when I bought it. I'm not too much into that kind of racing game. I wonder how come I still have that?
  • Splinter Cell: Double Agent (?) - Not completed -
    It's been so long since I last played it, I don't even remember what it was like. What I do know is that I loved the games that came before it, so I should liek that one. Don't know why I never completed it.
  • Halo 3 (?) - Not completed -
    Haven't played enough to form an opinion. But I'm guessing it's awesome, going by the first 2 games.
  • Assassin's Creed (?) - Not completed -
    I haven't played it enough to made up my mind. The few levels I played showed promise. I'll eventually revisit it, but as of now, I don't know.
  • Tales of Vesperia (?) -
    Haven't started playing yet - I bought it on the strength of Eternal Sonata (same development team, same graphic engines) and it got great reviews. And if you remember, I got that because of the Spore fiasco.
  • NHL 09 (4/5) - Nothing to complete -
    Well done game. Very realistic, sometimes frustratingly so. I love the Be-A-Pro mode.
  • Lost Odyssey (4/5) - Completed (2009/04/13) -
    It's a good game, in a traditional Japanese RPG way. The story is developping well. Combat is great with the ring system and all. Graphics and music are top notch.
  • Blue Dragon (4/5) - Completed -
    Great game. Battle system and magic effects are great. The art direction is great with vibrant color, only downside is the less than inspiring main character designs, but it's made for somewhat by the monster designs. A nice little story too. The music Nobuo Uematsu is great.
  • Dead Rising (4/5) - Completed -
    Running around a mall hacking and slashing zombies, with the ability to use just about anything laying around as a weapon, just trying to survive - what more can you ask for? I say completed because the game doesn't really have a story. It's the kind of game where there's many different possible outcome depending on how you play it. The goal is simply to survive the mall for 72 hours. What you do during those 72 hours is entirely up to you. - Pete, it's coming out for Wii. Maybe you should take a look
  • Top Spin 2 (4/5) - Nothing to complete -
    A fun little tennis game. Not much to say about it really. I would've liked to see them licence some actual player likeness (like they did for Top spin 3), but all in all it's a solid tennis game.
  • Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (4/5) - Completed -
    I have a soft spot for those Lego-this and Lego-that games. They're fun on the way they retell the story of the movie they represent, and it's really some pick the controller up and play type games. Easy enough for anybody to play. And like I said, the games are funny.
  • Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (4/5) - Nothing to complete -
    What can I say? I'm a guy! Beautifully rendered ladies playing volleyball with independent physics to each boobie? How can I resist?
  • Gears of War (5/5) - Completed -
    Awesome game. The cover system during battle is well done and refreshing opposite the run and gun fare usually seen in that type of game. The graphics are top notch, but they do follow the "realistic graphics means all shades of grey, black and brown" type of graphics. That's a bit "meh", but it still looks fantastic.
  • Gears of War 2 (5/5) - Completed (2009/04/13)-
    Great game! Pretty much the same comments as GoW1 above. Love the ending (even though it looks like it is a matter of some debate!)
  • Grand Theft Auto IV (5/5) - Not completed -
    Great game. Great graphics, a good story. I'd have to say though that it doesn't do anything perfectly, the a amalgamation of all these good thing elevates the whole game experience to not quite entirely blissful experience, but still a GREAT one.
  • Mass Effect (5/5) - Not completed -
    Another winner from Bioware (makers of such classics as Knights of the Old Republic and Jade Empire). Awesome graphics, great conversation system. Real-time battles. Even some blue alien sex!!
  • Eternal Sonata (5/5) - Not completed -
    Fantastic. I love it. The art direction is awesome. The idea of telling Chopin's story through fever induced dreams is great. Made me discover a great music composer: Motoi Sakuraba. Battle theme below, called "Leap the Precipice". Awesome! I love battles just for the music - and the battle system is actually great! Gradually changing from a turn based system, to a real time one as you level up. Fantastic game! (Achim, if you like RPG, it's out (or coming?) for PS3 - it is well worth it!)
  • Fable II (6/5) - Not completed -
    Fantastic game! Everything Fable should be. Great storyline, well balanced. The graphics are refreshing and artful. Love it.
  • Rock Band 2 (6/5) - Not completed -
    Again, fantastic game. It's fun, challenging and it made me discover a whole new type of music.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 12:08:26 AM by RossRoy »

lovemunkey187

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 12:20:25 PM »
Gamertag = lovemunkey187 (although I've not played on Live yet  :bag:)

ARCADE UNPLUGGED: vol1 - 6 games from the Live Arcade on a disc. Besides it was cheap at £1.99
BURNOUT REVENGE - great driving game where not necesarily the prettiest driving wins  :devil: not completed, as some of the race parameters are beyond my skillz
BURNOUT PARADISE - Free roaming around the city and occassionally over and through, the free downlaodable bikes pack is pretty cool too. An all round great game that I am giving some serious playing.
CALL OF DUTY 3 - Completed it on an easier setting, but trying to go back through it on the hardest one is causing me to fill my swear tin.
CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE. collectors edition - Not played it. I was waiting until I'd replayed pt3. I mainly got this because I wanted the dvd with a making off documentary. and TBH wasn't too keen on the idea of it being set in the present day.
CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR - Waiting until Christmas, when I can have some alone time with it and get really annoyed.
GRAND THEFT AUTO IV - I bought one of the "Safety Deposit Box" special editions on ebay, but there was no game in the auction. But I wanted the fancy packaging, wasn't bothered about the game until I found it for a better price and then thought that I might as well give it a bash.
HALO 3 - Wasn't keen on the first one and found the second to be quite bad, but the edition I got came in a fancy packaging, yep, it's the one with the scaled Master Cheif helmet.  ;D
LEGO STAR WARS II: THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY - Had a quick bash on this when I first got it, but haven't gone back to it.

As you can see I'm not a big one for completeing games, if I start finding the playing of the game not fun then it goes back on the shelf.

Najemikon

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 12:37:14 PM »
Gamertag = lovemunkey187 (although I've not played on Live yet  :bag:)

CALL OF DUTY 3 - Completed it on an easier setting, but trying to go back through it on the hardest one is causing me to fill my swear tin.
CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE. collectors edition - Not played it. I was waiting until I'd replayed pt3. I mainly got this because I wanted the dvd with a making off documentary. and TBH wasn't too keen on the idea of it being set in the present day.
CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR - Waiting until Christmas, when I can have some alone time with it and get really annoyed.

Popular opinion seems to be that COD4 is the best one, despite the modern setting. I'm inclined to agree, despite preferring WWII overall. I'm currently getting my arse kicked in COD5, but in some ways I already miss some of the elements from the modern version. For instance I've just finished a fantastic sniper mission in the Russian campaign, but the equivalent modern day sniper in the last one was, to use a technical term, a complete bastard! Plus COD4 has better replay than COD2 (or 3 in your case) value if you unlock the "cheats".

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 01:48:55 PM »
I am on PSN, so I won't list my games. (:hmmmm: maybe I should start a similar thread for the PS3 after reurning to Taiwan).

Anyway, I already own more games than I can currently play but keep getting intrigued by CoD4 (which some people say was the best because it was set in modern days) and even CoD5. What keeps me holding back a little is the fact I have several other FPS (Resistance 1 + 2 for instance) and the CoDs are more directed towards online play, which I don't tend to play as much.

Najemikon

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 03:21:04 PM »
Well, I've never played CoD online. Can't be bothered! I like working through the albeit thin story with a conclusion.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 10:57:50 PM »
Well, I've never played CoD online. Can't be bothered! I like working through the albeit thin story with a conclusion.
You, sir, just spent some of my money :laugh: This has become a recommendation and I will pick up my copy of CoD4 some time soon.

Najemikon

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 11:03:12 PM »
You, sir, just spent some of my money :laugh: This has become a recommendation and I will pick up my copy of CoD4 some time soon.

:laugh: I doubt you will regret it! Some levels I got killed easily simply because I was stood looking at how pretty it all was... :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 11:12:25 PM »
The other day I came very close to picking up an Xbox 360... Gamestop had a used one for sale for only $39.99.... But I needed to spend my money on Christmas gifts... so I let it go.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 11:18:50 PM »
:laugh: I doubt you will regret it! Some levels I got killed easily simply because I was stood looking at how pretty it all was... :P
:laugh:

xyrano

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 01:34:25 PM »
Game list update:
  • Army of two (4/5). Started this but haven't finished it yet. New
  • Black Site (3/5). Started this but haven't finished it yet. New
  • Call of Duty 3 (3/5). Stuck due to error in game, other then that its a good game.
  • Conflict: Denided OPS (3/5). Started this but haven't finished it yet. New
  • Dead Space (5/5). Completed: 2 times. Started a third time.
  • FarCry Instincts Predator (2/5). Started, but doubtfull I will play anymore.
  • FarCry 2 (4/5). Completed once.
  • Fallout 3 (?/5). Initially I found this boring, but I might give it another try later.
  • Halo 3 (4/5). Completed 2 times.
  • Jericho (3/5). Started this but haven't finished it yet. New
  • Laura Croft: Anniversary (2/5). The low score is due to the camera control as it really makes me angry.
  • Perfect Dark: Zero (4/5). Completed once.
  • Quake Wars (2/5). Tried it once. Doubtfull I'll ever get back to it. New
  • Star Wars: The force Unleached (5/5). Completed 2 times.
  • Two human (1/5). Tried it once and will probably not play it again. New

Wish list:
  • Assassin's creed
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  • Call of Duty (5?): World at War

RossRoy

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 03:40:31 PM »

I got the a few weeks ago. I can't stop playing. I've already restarted the game 3 times because i didn't like my character build (I first went with Big Guns tagged -> useless, takes way too long to find a decent amount of big guns. Then I went for Small guns -> It's good, but I found out I like to sneak around a lot. So now I have a Small guns, Sneak & Speech tagged character). I also love how after restarting the game, each time was a little different, and I just keep find new places to explore. It's a fantastic game. I was scared at first because it came from the same developer as Morrowind (which I tried, and couldn't get into, no goals, just wander around. Takes forever to get anywhere) and Oblivion (haven't played it, but heard it was tightened up as compared to Morrowind, might give it a try now after Fallout 3).

I also got Gear of War 2 for Xmas. Just as good as the first one. But it's the kind of game I can only take in small doses. It's just not something I can play for hours on end.

northbloke

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 04:37:56 PM »
I got Fallout 3 for Xmas, but have only just started playing it because I knew that, just like Oblivion, I'd need to dedicate time to it - it's not really the kind of game you can drop in and out of.
I'm also playing Gears of War 2 as well, busy picking my way through Insane with a friend on co-op.
And Left 4 Dead is one of my current favourites - though I find the versus mode very frustrating - maybe because I'm so crap at it!  ;D

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 06:30:29 AM »
    Fantastic. I love it. The art direction is awesome. The idea of telling Chopin's story through fever induced dreams is great. Made me discover a great music composer: Motoi Sakuraba. Battle theme below, called "Leap the Precipice". Awesome! I love battles just for the music - and the battle system is actually great! Gradually changing from a turn based system, to a real time one as you level up. Fantastic game! (Achim, if you like RPG, it's out (or coming?) for PS3 - it is well worth it!)
I have tried the Demo and No, it's not my kind of game.

I think I'll never get myself to open a seperate Playstation thread, so I think I may list my games here after all. Unless of course xyrano intended this to be strictly about xbox, not gaming :fingerchew:, I'll get to it in the next few days.

RossRoy

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 04:06:18 PM »
I have tried the Demo and No, it's not my kind of game.

Good thing there was a demo then! Sorry ... [/list]