Author Topic: On Pre-Order 2008-2013  (Read 112332 times)

W0m6at

Re: On Pre-Order
« Reply #570 on: June 20, 2012, 10:44:46 AM »
Is that the Taiwan movie that was released as two parts in teh cinema last year? In which case they are not being very clear on the cover that it is not directed by John Woo...?
That's the one. Woo was one of the producers. It seems to be a fairly standard marketing deception. Get a popular director to produce, then splash their name fairly big on the advertising.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #571 on: June 20, 2012, 11:02:27 AM »
So I'll get my all time favorite film, The Opening of Misty Beethoven
From the storyline I assume that it's a kind of "My Fair Lady" without singing?

Pete! It's for you!  :laugh:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 23, 2012, 05:54:46 AM »
I almost missed those two :-[

Of course I have the 3 Walmart US exclusives in the mail too that I will get in more or less 10 days...

I just imagine how much my mother will be envious... too bad she didn't listen to me when I told her that I was able to got her a Blu-Ray reader for less than 80$ two years ago :whistle:

I think I will bring the disc at her house in august just to see her reaction :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 05:58:16 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 23, 2012, 07:11:47 AM »
A Force of One and The Octagon will be release too in the UK and Australia on Blu-Ray, so I guess we will have a release here too before the end of the year. I'm zone free, but I prefer to wait just in case...

edit : They will be release untill the end of the year here too with extras (at least a commentary). The same company own Good Guys Wear Black also, I keep my fingers crossed ;D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 08:26:15 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 23, 2012, 11:42:36 AM »
Kathy I just saw in your online collection that you got the Walmart exclusive too. Do they look as good as I believe they do?

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 24, 2012, 03:52:46 AM »
Wow, is Chuck getting the Blu-ray releases because of the hype for The Expendables 2?

I asked before, but haven't acted yet, so let me ask again: of those five films, assuming right now they'd be available at Amazon (not checked yet), which oe would be the one must-have Chuck Norris film? You know, best action/time ratio...

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 24, 2012, 04:42:03 AM »
Lone Wolf McQuade and Code of Silence are, the other three aren't...
Missing in Action 1, Missing in Action 2 and Delta Force are Walmart US exclusive, you will have to ask an American member to purchase them for you. Kathy is the one who help me to get them :thumbup:

Wow, is Chuck getting the Blu-ray releases because of the hype for The Expendables 2?
I don't think it's the reason as the HD conversion was done some time ago and shown on the MGM HD TV channel.
Chuck Norris had an huge fan base and this isn't new... as I said before, it's my mother who made me like him when I was a young teenager ;D

which one would be the one must-have Chuck Norris film? You know, best action/time ratio...
All of them :whistle:
Not an usefull answer I guess :laugh:

Since I must make a choice : Delta Force and Lone Wolf McQuade...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 04:54:40 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 25, 2012, 06:37:33 AM »
All of them :whistle:
Not an usefull answer I guess :laugh:

Since I must make a choice : Delta Force and Lone Wolf McQuade...

Missing in Action, available through Amazon Marketplace. But I don't think I care enough to check which one will mail internationally. Delta Force however (as well as Missing in Action 2) is available through Amazon! But since Delta Force is $24.99 for now I will keep thinking about Lone Wolf McQuade ($14.99) first. I think the high price is because of Walmart somehow; since MiA 2 is expensive as well yet Code of Silence is also cheaper.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:39:19 AM by Achim »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 25, 2012, 06:44:47 AM »
WOW those marketplace sellers are sure expert in highway robbery... each of the Walmart ones cost me less than 10$.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 25, 2012, 06:46:08 AM »
Achim - Delta Force, MIA and MIA 2 (all Blu-Rays) were on sale at Wal-Mart for $7.96. I'm not sure if they are still that cheap but I can run over there on Tuesday if you think it would be worth it with shipping costs from the US.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 25, 2012, 07:36:55 AM »
Achim - Delta Force, MIA and MIA 2 (all Blu-Rays) were on sale at Wal-Mart for $7.96. I'm not sure if they are still that cheap but I can run over there on Tuesday if you think it would be worth it with shipping costs from the US.
Well, for $8 plus shipping... How could I not?

Thanks for offering, Kathy, if they are still available I gladly accept it.

@Jimmy:
Two of those were directly from Amazon, notz Marketplace. But I think they are forced to keep the price up dure to the exclusivity of Walmart.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 26, 2012, 12:27:18 AM »
Just order today (not really pre-order but I wanted to let you know they are release today) from Code Red DVD.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 26, 2012, 12:36:30 AM »
Well, for $8 plus shipping... How could I not?

Thanks for offering, Kathy, if they are still available I gladly accept it.

I'll go to the store in the morning and let you know.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 26, 2012, 04:12:31 PM »
A couple of film for our october marathon ;D

One of them is better than the other, guess wich one :laugh:

See Pete I told you that I would buy Where Evil Lives, it's only 10.49$ at Amazon Canada so it isn't a big risk at this price... strangely it cost 2.50$ more at the US one, usually this is the contrary :shrug:

Guess it won't stay at this price for long... good thing Amazon had the pre-order price guarantee ;D

I forgot It Came From Outer Space is in black and white :P
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:14:43 PM by Jimmy »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 27, 2012, 06:47:19 AM »
I never really post here (mostly because I rarely pre-order), but currently I have two items on pre-order:

The Walking Dead: The Complete Second Season

Indiana Jones - The Complete Adventures (Blu-ray Quadrilogy - Limited Edition Collector's Set )[Region Free]

Details about what makes it so limited and special have not yet been released :laugh: