Author Topic: On Pre-Order 2008-2013  (Read 112388 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: On Pre-Order
« Reply #510 on: March 22, 2012, 11:43:31 AM »
Just found today that finally they start releasing a serie I liked a lot when I was a young teenager ;D

I hesited a little before posting in this thread as it will release at the middle of april wich is only in 3 weeks...
I post it mostly for Pete in case he didn't know about the release...

BTW Logan's run (the TV serie) will be release also in april, I don't pre-order (the price is too high at Amazon Canada right now) but I'll probably get it in a couple of months. If you want to put it in your wishlist Pete (or anybody else) this is the Amazon link

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 22, 2012, 11:47:16 AM »

just got an email this morning from Amazon UK that it will be release in june not in may...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 22, 2012, 12:42:44 PM »
Just found today that finally they start releasing a serie I liked a lot when I was a young teenager ;D

I hesited a little before posting in this thread as it will release at the middle of april wich is only in 3 weeks...
I post it mostly for Pete in case he didn't know about the release...

BTW Logan's run (the TV serie) will be release also in april, I don't pre-order (the price is too high at Amazon Canada right now) but I'll probably get it in a couple of months. If you want to put it in your wishlist Pete (or anybody else) this is the Amazon link

I am still trying to decide on this one. I have watched it in the past when I was a kid... but it was never a favorite... at least not as far as I remember it. Though I admit my memory on this series is very foggy. :P
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #513 on: March 24, 2012, 01:19:46 PM »
Suits - Season 1 [DVD] - £17.99 (April, 30th)

Gossip Girl - Complete Season 4 [DVD] - £12.99 (already released)

New Girl - Season 1 [DVD] - £13.99 (October, 8th)

How I Met Your Mother - Season 7 [DVD] - £13.99 (October, 29th)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 26, 2012, 11:20:19 PM »
Pre-order from Diabolik DVD (june 12)

Probably another one that will cause Jon to scratch his head :laugh:

It's a reference to your comment when I post my pre-order for the first two releases in this collection Jon, nothing to do with our argument yesterday...

Impulse Pictures presents EROS SCHOOL: FEELS SO GOOD, possibly one of the most controversial and offensive Nikkatsu films ever made.  Ryu (Murakuni Shôhei), a sinister transfer student with a dark past, sexually assaults his way through his nubile female classmates to his ultimate conquest, the leggy athletic champ and class president Misa (Asami Ogawa).   Tadao, a fellow classmate, is also in love with Misa and wants to take her virginity for himself.  The big Eros High School track meet is happening soon.  Will these two boys ruin her chance of winning? What strange secret is Misa hiding from everyone? Why is Ryu prancing around in a banana hammock with a pet pig?

mpulse Pictures is proud to present the controversial Nikkatsu classic, ZOOM UP: THE BEAVER BOOK GIRL, a sexually perverse mystery set within the adult magazine industry.  A woman is brutally assaulted in an abandoned factory, and her assailant escapes into the darkness after dropping a wad of money.  A few years later, a photographer specializing in schoolgirl panty shots meets his match when a mysterious femme fatale volunteers to be his new model.  This woman used to be the “queen” of the skin magazines, but she is also hiding a terrible secret and may be a wanted fugitive. Will the photographer escape her sexual grasp?

Najemikon

« Reply #515 on: March 27, 2012, 05:58:59 PM »
Probably another one that will cause Jon to scratch his head :laugh:

Yep.

"Ryu (Murakuni Shôhei), a sinister transfer student with a dark past, sexually assaults his way through his nubile female classmates to his ultimate conquest..."

"A woman is brutally assaulted in an abandoned factory...

I just can't imagine why they hold any real value. I would guess that the scenes mentioned in the overviews are shown in explicit detail, considering the covers, titles and marketing style. All I see is that they are trying to appeal to a predominantly male audience, with suggestive sexual themes, yet the storylines are intended to be shocking.

This is a case of having your cake and eating it! Bizarrely, it matches a criticism I saw of Avatar the other day. That Cameron wants us to accept that the violence against the natives on the planet is wrong and horrifying, yet still he shows that violence in a manner that is attractive to the viewer. He advertises the film because of awesome explosions, yet then asks us to condemn them. He's on dodgy moral ground there.

That's the basic problem I have with these. I find the cover to Eros School actually offensive; what could I possibly get from watching the film and just who is the audience? Not female, that's for sure!

Not looking for fight, I hasten to add, I'm just fascinated why these films could ever be considered important when they clearly don't have the intelligence of a narrative that can tackle such themes. If they did, we'd have heard about them, in the same way we hear about Peeping Tom or George Romero's Martin.  :shrug:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 27, 2012, 06:26:31 PM »
I would guess that the scenes mentioned in the overviews are shown in explicit detail, considering the covers, titles and marketing style.
They aren't Jon, pubic hair / male sexual organ were forbidden by the japanese law and, as shocking it can sound, those films were mainstream movie shown in regular movie theatre in Japan during the seventies. The cover aren't the original poster (wich I would prefer).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 06:52:58 PM by Jimmy »

Najemikon

« Reply #517 on: March 27, 2012, 06:30:47 PM »
well that certainly makes a difference. Why would they change the covers to something like that?

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 27, 2012, 06:38:44 PM »
well that certainly makes a difference. Why would they change the covers to something like that?
No idea...
But many DVD labels use "modernized" cover for I don't know what reasons :shrug:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 06:46:04 PM by Jimmy »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 27, 2012, 06:45:42 PM »
BTW Jon this is a comedy and I've just found the original japanese poster.

Sure there are a little bit of drawing nudity, but I'm sure you will agree that it doesn't look as offensive or sleazy as the DVD cover does :whistle:

I've found two review of the film Jon. Sorry they are in french but you can always translate them with google, you will see it isn't what the synopsis made it sound like.

Review #1
Review #2 (this is the second one)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 06:53:58 PM by Jimmy »

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #520 on: March 29, 2012, 11:38:35 AM »
Ordered today:

Pete Smalls is Dead (Releasedate: 13/07/2012)

Hard Candy (Releasedate: 25/05/2012)

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #521 on: March 29, 2012, 11:22:09 PM »
Not really Pre-Order anymore:

Griff the Invisible (Releasedate: 16/04/2012 (UK))

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #522 on: March 30, 2012, 12:44:09 PM »
And another one:

Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (Releasedate: 30/09/2012)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #523 on: March 31, 2012, 02:12:11 PM »
Today I saw the first season of the japanese anime Dragon Ball on the shelves. They wanted €55 for it (28 episodes à 21 minutes).

I politely declined. I ordered all 5 seasons on amazon.com now - for $107 including shipping. Inluding customs it's going to cost me €95.

There'a a terribly awful yet captivating (from the 90s no less) german music video to this show:

« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 02:20:32 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #524 on: March 31, 2012, 07:58:32 PM »
Finally on BluRay:

Chinatown (Releasedate: 19/04/2012)