Author Topic: On Pre-Order 2008-2013  (Read 112367 times)

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
Re: On Pre-Order
« Reply #450 on: December 22, 2011, 01:36:08 AM »
(Oh and I thought Your Highness was OK. Not as bad as everybody says, just a 3/5.) :)

Well, you have seen at least some of his early films if I recall correctly. For me, it narrowly escaped the honor of being the worst movie of 2011 - although it's a pretty close call. And if I'm masochistic enough to see The Sitter, DGG may still manage to earn that spot.
Matthias

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #451 on: December 22, 2011, 02:10:00 AM »
Your Highness is certainly the worst to come from DGG that I have seen. I gave:
All the Real Girls - 4/5
Pineapple Express - 3/5 (but would watch this again over YH)
Undertow - Not seen since I started keeping track via imdb (01/01/2009) but I do remember enjoying it and likely around a 3.5-4/5 I need to rewatch it though.

I want to see The Sitter. I'm a fan of Ari Graynor and I do think Jonah Hill can be good if utilised right (Superbad). Perhaps DGG is in his 'director for hire make as much cash as I can' phase?

My worst this year was easily River of Darkness. One I hope to never see again, even though I do like dodgy DTV action. I have to admit, my tastes are very varied. This year I have watched a lot more mainstream than I normally do, but I feel just as home watching say Black Hawk Down, as I do Spione. I do find my scores are generally quite high compared to most though. I am easily entertained and quite forgiving. If I dislike a story but think some of the cast were great or there were some nice shots, I will give it a score to reflect that.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 02:11:34 AM by samuelrichardscott »

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 22, 2011, 02:53:21 AM »
Speaking of talented people getting famous after making crappy movies, Undertow was my introduction to Kristen Stewart. Only a small role, but she got my attention (Can I carve my name in your face).

My worst this year was easily River of Darkness.

Well, when I say worst, that's certainly relative. I looked that one up and it seems way beyond my pain threshold.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 03:06:19 AM by goodguy »
Matthias

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #453 on: December 23, 2011, 04:21:47 PM »
Aaaargh!
The Best of all possible wives made me do this. It's not my fault! NO! Really!

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (Release: 30/04/2012)

Anonymous (Release: 12/05/2012)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 23, 2011, 04:29:52 PM »
Aaaargh!
The Best of all possible wives made me do this. It's not my fault! NO! Really!
Don't worry. With Mark Kermode practically being a fan you are part of a good circle ;)

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 23, 2011, 04:47:33 PM »
I have seen neither of the two, but a Shakespeare movie by Roland Emmerich sounds definitely worse.
Matthias

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #456 on: December 26, 2011, 01:19:41 AM »
Pre-Ordered today:

Melancholia (Release: 03/05/2012)

The Brothers Grimm: Snow White or Mirror Mirror it doesn't seem to be quite clear yet. (Theatrical Release: 05/04/2012 BluRay: 20/09/2012)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 01:50:44 AM by Silence_of_Lambs »

Najemikon

« Reply #457 on: December 26, 2011, 02:16:18 AM »
I have seen neither of the two, but a Shakespeare movie by Roland Emmerich sounds definitely worse.

I thought it looked mean spirited and just basically poor. It seems to have sunk pretty quickly, I'm glad to say. Emmerich has lost touch. It's time for him to just go away.

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #458 on: December 26, 2011, 02:40:48 AM »
It's time for him to just go away.

He'll need a big commercial flop first. Since the turn of the century:
The Patriot - budget $110m, gross $215m
The Day After Tomorrow - budget $125m, gross $544m
10,000 BC - budget $105, gross $269m
2012 - budget $200m, gross $769m
Anonymous (to date) - budget $30m, gross $14m

Sure, he might be hated by critics, but as far as a studio is concerned, they'll want him to come back with those sorts of figures. Hell, I'd hire him on the spot. :P Even before the above, Godzilla (hated by critics), ID4 and Stargate all performed very well.

It looks as though Anonymous will be his worst performing movie yet, but low budget and with video market, he probably got financed on this by promising a disaster movie in a few years for the studio. :laugh:

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #459 on: January 02, 2012, 12:56:32 AM »
Pre-Ordered today:

Pusher - Trilogy (Release: 02/02/2012)

Tank (Release 27/01/2012)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 04, 2012, 09:20:33 AM »
From Amazon Canada

Director: Josh Becker
Starring: Sam Raimi, Ted Raimi, Scott Spiegel, Brian Schulz

Run Time: 83 minutes
Release Date: March 13, 2012
Language: English
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 1.66:1
Format: DVD/Blu-ray combo
Region: All Regions

Vietnam, 1969. War is Hell.  For Marine Sergeant Jack Stryker (Brian Schulz), however, Hell is just the beginning.  Trapped outside a Viet Cong village, Stryker takes two bullets to the leg.  Sent home from the war, he discovers his ex-girlfriend (Cheryl Hausen) has been kidnapped by a religious cult with a vicious Manson-like leader (played by THE EVIL DEAD and SPIDER-MAN trilogy director, Sam Raimi). Stryker teams up with some marine friends to form an assassination squad and annihilate the gang of crazed killers.

Features

All-New High-Definition 2K Digital Restoration from the Original Negative
    The Original Super 8mm Short film, STRYKER’S WAR Short Film, starring Bruce Campbell!
    Made in Michigan: The Making of THOU SHALT NOT KILL… EXCEPT - Featurette
    Two Audio Commentaries Featuring Director Josh Becker, Bruce Campbell and Star Brian Schulz
    All-New Video Interview with Bruce Campbell
    Deleted Scene with Optional Director’s Commentary
    Alternate Title Sequence
    Original Theatrical Trailer
    Reversible Cover Artwork

and from Alternative Cinema

Sooner or later, every adult film legend had to pass through the grimy gates of the infamous Avon 7 in NYC - and Carter Stevens was no exception. Now, After Hours Cinema - utilizing source materials recovered from the Avon 7 all those years ago -  is proud to present the entire Stevens / Avon output in one defining collection! Plus, with an original interview and commentaries featuring Stevens himself, this triple-feature is unbeatable!...even with paddles, bull whips, riding crops. Remastered from the original Avon 7 16mm film elements!

BIZARRE STYLES (1981) – A fallible fashion designer has ways of selling his lackluster wardrobe to prospective clients... with the help of his insatiable staff of models!

WICKED SCHOOLGIRLS (1980) – The notorious "Avon" film featuring BDSM, incest, and cult favorite "Little" Velvet Sommers in her big screen debut!

HOUSE OF SIN (1982)  – An attractive young girl becomes lost in a netherworld of forbidden passion and transgressive desires!

SPECIAL FEATURES:

- Commentaries with Director Carter Stevens
- On-camera Interview with Director Carter Stevens
- After Hours and Carter Stevens Trailer Vault

1980, ’81, ‘82 / approx 220 mins / Color / XXX - Not Rated / 1.33:1 / Region 0 / English

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 04, 2012, 03:51:26 PM »
Thou Shall Not Kill...Except looks interesting. Will this only be released in Canada...? Although, it seems to be by Synapse, so chances seem to be a US release sould pop up shortly...?

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 04, 2012, 05:48:16 PM »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 05, 2012, 11:25:41 AM »
Thanks Jimmy! My search didn't yield result :shrug:

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #464 on: January 05, 2012, 05:21:35 PM »
Pre-Ordered today (After watching the pilot yesterday)

Der Tatortreiniger (Release: 05/04/2012)

One of the best German TV-Shows of the last 50 years.