Author Topic: On Pre-Order 2008-2013  (Read 108744 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: On Pre-Order
« Reply #675 on: February 21, 2013, 05:12:08 AM »
...and also Criterion is rumoured as the studio who will release the first one on BR (not sure if it will be a single release or part of a Cronenberg set)
I found this news a few days ago and it made me feel very excited! I hope they don't just make it a set or at least it would be a set of films I don't have on Blu yet... I'll make a note of the sequels coming from Shout... (never seen them before).

Scanners is a bit similar to Texas Chainsaw Massacre. With the latter the title makes people's imagination go wild and imagine the goriest film possible. With Scanners people may have seen the famous scene in the beginning and think the whole movie is like that, which it isn't.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 21, 2013, 05:17:29 AM »
The sequels are good, many people think they were direct to video but here they were released theatrically (since they are canadians movies with French Canadians big name in them) and I've seen them in a theatre (not the original as I was too young...).

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #677 on: February 21, 2013, 07:46:15 AM »
Got the reply from Cliff and as I suspected it will be region A only... We never know maybe a release is in the work in Europe in case you aren't region free :shrug:

Thanks for the info. Yes I hope there will be an European release. I enjoyed the movie, but the DVD quality was horrible. For Blu-rays I am not region free.

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #678 on: February 21, 2013, 10:08:46 AM »
Got the reply from Cliff and as I suspected it will be region A only... We never know maybe a release is in the work in Europe in case you aren't region free :shrug:

Thanks for the info. Yes I hope there will be an European release. I enjoyed the movie, but the DVD quality was horrible. For Blu-rays I am not region free.

I e-mailed Steve at 101 Films (the UK rights holders) to ask if any plans for you.

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #679 on: February 21, 2013, 11:56:38 AM »
Hey Sam

The master we had access to wasn’t good enough for Blu-Ray. I’ll try and find out if the US version has been remastered and hopefully get access to that.

Thanks,

Steve

Rogmeister

« Reply #680 on: February 21, 2013, 12:30:49 PM »
I have several seasons of U.S. TV westerns on pre-order now.  I ordered some recently and had previously ordered a couple others.  Two of the titles I list here are actually due out on my birthdays...I'll mark those with an asterisk.

Maverick: The Complete Second Season
The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp:.Season Two
Gunsmoke: Season Eight (2 volumes)*
Have Gun Will Travel: Season 6 (last) (2 volumes)*
Tombstone Territory: Season 1

When I ordered these I also ordered the 7th season of Gunsmoke (2 volumes) which I have already received.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #681 on: February 21, 2013, 07:21:56 PM »
Hey Sam

The master we had access to wasn’t good enough for Blu-Ray. I’ll try and find out if the US version has been remastered and hopefully get access to that.

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks for the info! Please keep me updated :)

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #682 on: February 21, 2013, 10:31:55 PM »
I cancelled my Scanners pre-orders as I'll be getting check discs for them so I can try before I buy!

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #683 on: February 27, 2013, 11:19:53 AM »
Apartment 1303 (3D Blu-ray)

No cover art yet, but released 8th April.

This has been put back until June 24th. :(

Rogmeister

« Reply #684 on: February 27, 2013, 04:28:47 PM »
Yesterday, I ordered the latest edition of Robert Osborne's Oscar book.  He puts out an update every 5 years and 85 Years of the Oscar comes out in September.  70 Years of the Oscar is the one I have currently.

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #685 on: February 28, 2013, 02:45:11 PM »
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D (2013)

Due out 28th May.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #686 on: March 01, 2013, 04:06:05 AM »
Yesterday, I ordered the latest edition of Robert Osborne's Oscar book.  He puts out an update every 5 years and 85 Years of the Oscar comes out in September.  70 Years of the Oscar is the one I have currently.

Never heard of that book before.  Hmm..may have to check on that at some point.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 01, 2013, 07:39:31 AM »
From everything I've read this movie isn't really good (I almost went to a theatre to watch it but changed my mind considering horror audience are too hard on my nerve). The extra materials, if they are the same than what we have, seem to make the release worthy.

I'll probably get it cheap in october since I've already all the movies already made in that franchise...

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #688 on: March 01, 2013, 10:37:19 AM »
From everything I've read this movie isn't really good (I almost went to a theatre to watch it but changed my mind considering horror audience are too hard on my nerve). The extra materials, if they are the same than what we have, seem to make the release worthy.

I'll probably get it cheap in october since I've already all the movies already made in that franchise...

Yeah. I hate seeing horrors at the cinema because I find the audience irritates me :thumbup: Like yourself, I've heard a lot of bad things about this, but as we know, critics are always hard on horror movies, and I managed to get the pre-order for just £12.50 (now £17.50) so a very good price considering it's a 3D disc.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 02, 2013, 02:28:52 AM »
The guys from the Now Playing Podcast reviewe it. They hated it.