Author Topic: On Pre-Order 2008-2013  (Read 108844 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: On Pre-Order
« Reply #630 on: November 15, 2012, 05:52:56 AM »

It's not Stuart Gordon's best work by far, but then I have only seen it once a long time ago, I might like it more now. Stuart Gordon is quite good usually and I met the cast at that one Fangoria Horror Convention I went to (got a signed postcard by the actor who plays the monster, Jonathan Fuller).

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 16, 2012, 09:56:07 PM »
From Amazon Canada

This one vanished from the face of this earth after its theatrical run 45 years ago. Always great to see lost movie found ;D

Edited to add the cover for I,Marquis the Sade
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 10:32:00 PM by Jimmy »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 24, 2012, 06:01:39 PM »
Funnily there's no release planned for Westworld yet. :weep:
It won't happen so don't count on it...
It belongs to MGM and they don't release dvd anymore, only crappy MOD-DVDR
Not DVD, but I just saw the announcement for Westworld on Blu-ray :thumbup: Unfortunately for Silence it's in the US and may possibly be region locked (or the lack of German subtitles might put a dent in this too); but a European release might follow...

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #633 on: November 24, 2012, 06:13:18 PM »
With it being Warner, I'd put money on it being region free.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 27, 2012, 09:42:14 AM »
Pre-ordered today from Amazon Canada

Ticks is available on blu-ray too for those who prefer this format...

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #635 on: November 27, 2012, 01:03:36 PM »

It's available already from Amazon France

For a horrible price though (€ 19 + shipping)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 01:09:16 PM by Silence_of_Lambs »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 27, 2012, 01:22:35 PM »
Only 13.99 $CAN (10.88 EUR) here and no shipping as I always try to reach the 25$ limit.

Even if I'm a french speaker I wouldn't have a single clue of what film is Mondwest (quite a weak translation). :laugh:

edit : according to the Amazon France reviews the soundtrack is out of sync.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 01:27:43 PM by Jimmy »

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #637 on: November 28, 2012, 12:22:31 AM »

Peter Weir Collection
- The Cars that Ate Paris
- Picnic at Hanging Rock
- The Last Wave
- The Plumber

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 28, 2012, 05:43:15 AM »
From Diabolik DVD

Same Time Every Year DVD (Impulse/Synapse) (NTSC All Region)

It’s that time of year again! Michael and a group of his male friends head off to a lawyer convention, leaving their wives home alone. Of course, these ladies aren’t stupid and they know their men are just out having a “good time” without them getting in the way. Picked up by a chauffeur (played by a young, slim Ron Jeremy), the boys head out to a sex resort for the weekend. The wives, on the other hand, have some sin-sational plans of their own...

Low on plot and high on non-stop sex, SAME TIME EVERY YEAR stars many high profile adult stars like Ron Jeremy, Loni Sanders, Paul Thomas, Tiffany Clark and Herschel Savage. Fred J. Lincoln (the psychotic ‘Weasel’ from Wes Craven’s classic, THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT) directs this classic early eighties adult feature.

Serena - An Adult Fairytale DVD (Impulse/Synapse) (NTSC All Region)

What do you get when you cross a classic children’s story with seventies adult entertainment? SERENA – AN ADULT FAIRY TALE, of course!

Poor Serena! Sold into prostitution by her evil stepfather, she’s forced by her new masters to cook, clean and perform sex acts whenever they please, in a quiet modern home in the Hollywood Hills. There’s a big party for the “Prince” happening soon and everyone will be having fun except her. Perhaps China Leigh can help with her magic powers of nude teleportation! Can she win the heart of the Prince and have a good time, or will she be forced to live a boring life of slavery? Does she live happily ever after?

Fred J. Lincoln (the psychotic ‘Weasel’ from Wes Craven’s classic, THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT) directs this sexy Cinderella spoof

Rogmeister

« Reply #639 on: December 05, 2012, 02:06:32 AM »
I just came across a listing for the Blu-ray release of The Quiet Man.  I'm hoping it looks better than the previous DVD release.  The Amazon listing says this version is remastered from the original negative so I'm hopeful.

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #640 on: December 05, 2012, 02:11:13 AM »
I just came across a listing for the Blu-ray release of The Quiet Man.  I'm hoping it looks better than the previous DVD release.  The Amazon listing says this version is remastered from the original negative so I'm hopeful.

It's being released by Olive Films so will likely be extras free (though this may be different as it's the 60th Anniversary Edition). Reviews of their other releases have usually been okay for picture and sound though never spectacular but this has had a new 4k restoration from original negatives this year. The DVD's that were released were the restoration done by UCLA in the 80's. More info:
http://www.directedbyjohnford.com/blog/general/olive-films-confirms-remastered-quiet-man-coming-to-blu-ray/

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 07, 2012, 08:14:02 PM »
2 Shout! Factory releases for the month of march...

Futureworld (blu-ray)

Phantasm II Collector's Edition (DVD only because I have the first and third one that way)

« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 04:02:27 PM by Jimmy »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 09, 2012, 11:08:50 AM »
Futureworld (blu-ray)
:hmmmm: maybe a good disc to supplement the UK release of Westworld.

Phantasm II Collector's Edition (DVD only because I have the first and third one that way)
I wish someone could release a complete set of all four films on Blu, like the four disc release that Anchor Bay did in the UK (the US rights are apparently too scattered and difficult to obtain).

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 09, 2012, 03:21:32 PM »
The rights belong to different company...

1 and 3 : Anchor Bay / Starz Entertainment
2 and 4 : Universal

For what I know the fourth one isn't that great, but I will have good special edition of the first three on DVD (as I don't expect Anchor Bay to release what they have on blu, they have given up on what was their bread and butter in the past).

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #644 on: December 09, 2012, 03:26:27 PM »
Always a chance of blu-ray box set in the UK where Anchor Bay still have the rights to all 4 AFAIK.