Author Topic: On Pre-Order 2008-2013  (Read 112363 times)

Najemikon

Re: On Pre-Order
« Reply #495 on: February 28, 2012, 08:56:51 PM »
I like the look of Danger 5! Never heard of it before. Seems to be Australian according to the home site: http://www.sbs.com.au/danger5/

The style of an affectionate spoof seems to come from the same place as Black Dynamite which was awesome.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 01, 2012, 02:09:32 AM »
I don't feel like searching the thread but I know that some members were interested when I post my pre-order for The Devils, so this is an early review of the BFI release from a 100% reliable reviewer ;D  

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 01, 2012, 02:18:21 AM »
BTW I just did a pre-order for may at Amazon Canada

The Walking Tall Trilogy is also available on Blu-Ray for those who prefer this format...

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 01, 2012, 06:18:24 AM »
Another one for april from Diabolik DVD.

Killer's Moon is Britain's answer to I Spit On Your Grave only sleazier. Produced in the late seventies it mixes lurid scenes of rape with Clockwork Orange Droog style menace, drugs and dollops of ultra violence all of which combined make this a true 'video nasty'. Centered on four drugged-up escaped prisoners whose only purpose in life is to 'loot, kill and rape' and who in true exploitation style seek refuge in the nearest girls school Killer's Moon starts off mired in sleaze and stays there.

From the horrifying best seller by master horror writer James Herbert (THE FOG), comes THE SURVIVOR! A 747 jetliner, piloted by Captain Keller (Robert Powell, JESUS OF NAZARETH), suffers an explosion just after take-off and 300 passengers are incinerated. Keller is found wandering from the wreckage unharmed and unable to understand how he has survived. As Captain Keller embarks on his fateful odyssey, he is joined by a psychic (Jenny Agutter, LOGAN'S RUN, AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON) to solve what really happened to his plane! Directed by David Hemmings (DEEP RED, BLOW UP).

W0m6at

« Reply #499 on: March 01, 2012, 10:09:52 AM »
Danger 5 is not only Australian, but South Australian (state I come from). It's apparently by the same people who did the web series Italian Spiderman (which I've not watched, but only seen the trailer for).

Danger 5 is a modern parody/homage.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 02, 2012, 05:50:48 AM »
I don't feel like searching the thread but I know that some members were interested when I post my pre-order for The Devils, so this is an early review of the BFI release from a 100% reliable reviewer ;D  
It is on my Amazon Wish List and will be ordered shortly.

I wish there was a Blu-ray, but then it would probably region B locked anyway :laugh:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 06, 2012, 08:24:39 PM »
From Amazon Canada

They are also available on Blu-Ray for those who prefer...

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #502 on: March 07, 2012, 10:44:30 AM »
Pre-Ordered:

Harvey (Releasedate: 30/12/2012)

Haywire (Releasedate: 09/08/2012)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 10:46:46 AM by Silence_of_Lambs »

W0m6at

« Reply #503 on: March 09, 2012, 04:43:21 AM »
I've been holding off on buying Air's new album Le Voyage dans La Lune because I wanted it on vinyl.
The wait paid off:

Pre-order for March 26
AIR 'Le Voyage Dans La Lune'
Deluxe Gatefold Vinyl Edition

It's gonna sound beautiful, and that artwork will look amazing in LP size!
It also comes with the colourised version of the Georges Méliès short film Le Voyage dans La Lune (1902) (unfortunately only on DVD).

For anyone with deeper pockets than me, there's also the Limited Edition Box Set for just a little more (cost and wait).  ;)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 15, 2012, 09:02:25 AM »
Cool that one will be release for my birthday ;D

and since I'm a cheap bastard who don't like to pay shipping charge :whistle:
A double dose of Pam Grier's movie to reach the free shipping limit ;D

Except that I buy it mostly for Black Mama, White Mama because Margaret Markov is in this film ;)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 17, 2012, 11:30:42 AM »
Just pre-ordered another film at Diabolik DVD for may (it is available at Amazon Canada, but as usual they charge too much for it)

Demoniacs in the Jean Rollin serie.

BTW I recommand highly those films if you want to see some poetic horror french masterpiece in high quality. The best one he did being certainly La Rose de fer (The Iron Rose) I've watched some days ago.

The cover isn't reveal yet, but I attach the original theatrical poster to this post.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #506 on: March 17, 2012, 03:20:22 PM »
Just Pre-Ordered:

Deliverance (Releasedate: 22/06/2012)

A Perfect World (Releasedate: 22/06/2012)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 19, 2012, 01:21:21 AM »
It is on my Amazon Wish List and will be ordered shortly.
My order will be ship soon ;D
When I think I pre-ordered it more than 4 months ago and I've the impression it will be out of stock really fast as many fans were waiting for a release that will never happen for years from Warner...

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 19, 2012, 05:33:38 AM »
Well, it's not a limited edition, so I would imagine they'll print more if demand is high...?

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 19, 2012, 05:47:50 AM »
I didn't wrote OOP, but OOS :whistle:

I could be wrong but it's been a while I've seen a seventies movie in the top 5 of the Amazon UK sale. It's probably the same at every webstore as there are a worldwide demand for this film (I think it's the most requested film every year from Warner since at least 10 years).

It's the reason why I imagine the stock will be sold very fast (I have seen this already and even with a pre-order I didn't get my copy). Sure it will be repress, but that take some times...

At least it's a good news as the British Film Institute will get more money to release more obscure stuff in the future ;D

BTW even if I don't pre-order them right away they will release two John Cassavetes' films in april on dual format (BR/DVD) : Faces and Shadows.

They will release The Black Panther too in may and for this one I do a pre-order ;D

Edit : Shipped a minute ago, so I don't need to worry about getting a first pressing release... now I'll just need to be patient and wait more or less 10 days :phew:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:38:14 PM by Jimmy »