Author Topic: On Pre-Order 2008-2013  (Read 112347 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: On Pre-Order
« Reply #420 on: November 29, 2011, 03:20:12 AM »
I agree with your point, I also thought that the guy's relationship was defined enough to make us understand his position. It was almost inappropriate how little empathy his colleagues had, although admittedly his problem seemed somewhat smaller than the other two bosses, at least until he tarted blackmailing him.

By the way, speaking of Kermode. Have you heard the podcast from Friday yet? Listen carefully after the interview with Terence Davies...  :-X
I did listen to it, but will have to get to the part after the interview again to see what you mean. My memory cannot identify such details even a day after listening. :laugh:

Najemikon

« Reply #421 on: November 29, 2011, 08:40:07 PM »
I agree with your point, I also thought that the guy's relationship was defined enough to make us understand his position. It was almost inappropriate how little empathy his colleagues had, although admittedly his problem seemed somewhat smaller than the other two bosses, at least until he tarted blackmailing him.

By the way, speaking of Kermode. Have you heard the podcast from Friday yet? Listen carefully after the interview with Terence Davies...  :-X
I did listen to it, but will have to get to the part after the interview again to see what you mean. My memory cannot identify such details even a day after listening. :laugh:

Remember them reviewing 50/50? Mark liked it with reservations that the two main female characters were not well written and Simon read out an email review, as they do.

The email was mine!  :dance:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 30, 2011, 10:39:25 AM »
The email was mine!  :dance:
I remember the review of 50/50, I wanted him to comment on Gordon, but all he said was that Sam was o.k. (he is doing what he always does, but is not on screen enough to become annoying).

No, I had not noticed there was an e-mail from you... :clap: Now I'll make sure to listen to that part again! Was you're the one disagreeing with Mark...?

Najemikon

« Reply #423 on: November 30, 2011, 10:18:08 PM »
The email was mine!  :dance:
I remember the review of 50/50, I wanted him to comment on Gordon, but all he said was that Sam was o.k. (he is doing what he always does, but is not on screen enough to become annoying).

No, I had not noticed there was an e-mail from you... :clap: Now I'll make sure to listen to that part again! Was you're the one disagreeing with Mark...?

I've always liked how generous they are with listener comments and actually, Mark seemed to agree with my conclusions (he did that interrupting thing: "Yes, it is, BUT..." :laugh:), with the caveat he had a real problem with the two main female roles because they don't serve the actresses well. I think that what the film achieves overall is more important, but when he drew attention to it, to be honest, I knew what he meant. It's seems like a typical autobiographical screenplay though; you can tell when the writer is relating memories and experience, even if he has romanticised them for convenience and narrative, but those sections put in sharp relief the scenes or characters he may invented from scratch. After listening to Mark's comments and recognising what he means, I think it may be the case that the two girls are not directly based on any one person like I assume the rest of his family and best friend are. Or at least they represent the writers fantasy (Anna Kendrick may very well be too good to be true! An attractive girl becomes impossibly adorable when revealed to be a bit clumsy ;)).

There was one line Simon didn't read. Maybe a bit near the knuckle! He read out that I considered 50/50 to actually be a rom-com, but I had also suggested it should be a Rom-Chemo-Com...  :whistle: :devil:

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #424 on: November 30, 2011, 11:15:34 PM »
Pre-Ordered today:

Carnage (Release: 30/06/2012)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 11:28:09 PM by Silence_of_Lambs »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 01, 2011, 04:34:13 AM »
There was one line Simon didn't read. Maybe a bit near the knuckle! He read out that I considered 50/50 to actually be a rom-com, but I had also suggested it should be a Rom-Chemo-Com...  :whistle: :devil:

Censorship...? Well, no, I can see why he left it out.

Yes, Mark and Simon are very close to their listeners, which is also why they do those live events. I can only recall Mark changing his opinion based on listener comment once. At best he usually "agrees, but" :laugh: "Other opinions are available."

Was this the first time you wrote in...? (Oh, I'll have to pay attention whether you gave them silly names, too.)

EDIT:
No, I had not noticed there was an e-mail from you... :clap: Now I'll make sure to listen to that part again! Was Were you're the one disagreeing with Mark...?
Finally had a chance to listen. In my defense, Simon rather mumbled your name so that it was easy to overhear and I usually listen in the car, so there is a basic noise level drowning out any mumbling...

Good job on that mail and getting that much agreement from Mark :thumbup:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 02:40:39 AM by Achim »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #426 on: December 06, 2011, 03:34:23 PM »
Come Fly With Me: Season 1

£8.91 @ Amazon.co.uk

Smallville: Season 10

£27.76 @ Amazon.co.uk
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 06:49:34 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 06, 2011, 04:26:33 PM »
Didn't you just buy the complete series in a box...? :headscratch:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #428 on: December 06, 2011, 06:11:53 PM »

The boxset was on DVD  :laugh:

I have the feeling that everything is now pre-order for you, so you can post it twice  :tease:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #429 on: December 06, 2011, 06:46:14 PM »

Correct.  :tease:

I have the feeling that everything is now pre-order for you, so you can post it twice  :tease:

I don't really-really order stuff that hasn't been released yet, so pre-order for me is everything I ordered (and not bought locally). ;)

The main reason I do it because maybe someone sees a bargain and when I post it in the "What Ya Got" topic then the price may have gone up again.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 07, 2011, 05:07:56 AM »

But my question still stands... :headscratch:

Well, o.k., you answered that you did order the whole series just a short while ago, but of course that begs the question why you are upgrading such short time later...?

kahless

« Reply #431 on: December 07, 2011, 06:43:13 AM »
...posted on wrong topic...  :-[
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 06:45:52 AM by kahless »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #432 on: December 07, 2011, 07:46:20 AM »

But my question still stands... :headscratch:

Well, o.k., you answered that you did order the whole series just a short while ago, but of course that begs the question why you are upgrading such short time later...?

The complete box set is just for show. I always intended to get the tenth season on Blu-ray but the price wasn't right - until now.
Karsten

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 07, 2011, 11:47:24 AM »
The complete box set is just for show.
:o

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 07, 2011, 11:07:56 PM »
Remember this one I pre-order a while ago...

It was delayed, after it changed for a Blu-Ray only and finally it will be release in january in a combo pack.

This is the extra (none of that is on the american MOD DVD-R)
    Audio Commentary with Co-Writer Heywood Gould, moderated by Roy Frumkes
    Theatrical Trailer with Eli Roth Commentary
    Exclusive Interview with Linda Haynes
    Screening Q&A with Director John Flynn
    Original TV Spot

Yes I find the Eli Roth commentary for the trailer quite useless... Why the hell would I care to know what this idiot had to say on the trailer knowing he can't do a good film. Please don't make me laugh Hostel and Cabin Fever are crap, maybe more than the clueless commentary track he did for Bloodsucking Freaks (even me I would have done something better not filled with complete lies).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 03:55:14 AM by Jimmy »