Author Topic: On Pre-Order 2008-2013  (Read 108933 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: On Pre-Order
« Reply #150 on: December 20, 2010, 06:40:34 AM »
I've saved a decent amount from shopping at Amazon...the stores around here rarely have sales on movies.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 20, 2010, 07:35:16 AM »
Here it is worst : the stores never have the movies I like to watch. They are special orders, so they cost a lot and we wait a lot (I even had to wait 6 months for one of my order to arrive at one occasion and it wasn't an unusual thing).
You have no idea how I was happy when I got my credit card to use online (no more non sense waiting and the world was open to me for my order).

Don't forget : the big advantage to pre-order at Amazon is that you won't pay a cent more than the day of your order at worst your order price will decrease if the selling price decrease between the pre-order day and the release day. Thinking of it this isn't really an "at worst" scenario :hmmmm:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #152 on: December 20, 2010, 09:11:50 AM »
I've gotten refunds from Amazon when the price dropped on my pre-orders before.  I also got a coupon once when the price dropped on Iron Man 2 a few days after release day - I had pre-ordered it.

There are just a few places around here to get movies and none of them have that great of a selection.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #153 on: December 29, 2010, 02:03:30 AM »
 ;D

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 29, 2010, 09:31:48 AM »
Some stuff I've pre-ordered this week.

Being / Cop Killers (Code Red Double Feature)
I already own Cop Killers, but I like Bill Osco and the film materials is from him.

Working Girls (Code Red)
This is a film from Stephanie Rothman who did also Terminal Island (a movie that I recommand highly)

Exploitation Cinema: Supervan / Jailbait Babysitter (Code Red)
One is about a van and the other is a John Hayes' movie, the first film of John Goodman and Mariwin Roberts is in the cast.

Psychomania (Severin Films)
This one was supposed to be release in october but it wasn't in my country and it's a double dip

Carnival Magic [Blu-ray]
My second one (I will get the other this week), but since it was a lost Al Adamson's movie I couldn't resist.

Lickerish Quartet (Cult Epics)
Most people know already how I love Radley Metzger...

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 04, 2011, 08:18:14 PM »
Just switch this for

and of course Jon this is your fault :tease:

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #156 on: January 05, 2011, 12:59:50 AM »
 :laugh: I hate you!  :laugh:
This is the second time this month you cost me money

;D

Ordered my copy today

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #157 on: January 05, 2011, 02:27:02 AM »
I'm expecting my copy any day now.  ;D

I'm shitting myself that the tin will be damage by the time it arrives. Given my track record there's a 60% it will be.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 05:34:51 AM by Dr. Hasslein »

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #158 on: January 05, 2011, 10:21:09 AM »
I'm shitting myself that the tin will be damage by the time it arrives. Given my track record there's a 60% it will be.

I'm more concerned about the ugly green label and really hope that it's only a sticker.

Release-date is 6th of January, if they work like the Amazon.de they will start shipping today.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #159 on: January 05, 2011, 10:57:09 AM »
Mine is coming from the UK so I'm hoping for this week. And I'm sure the label is just a sticker.

Najemikon

« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2011, 09:01:00 PM »
Just switch this for

and of course Jon this is your fault :tease:

Don't you start!  :suicide:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 05, 2011, 09:15:32 PM »
But you're the one who convice me to give the format a try :whistle:
Of course I don't have the money yet to invest on an HD-TV, but there is a lttle difference like I saw yesterday when I watch Vampire Circus (the sound was better and the picture filled the screen, no more bar on the side).

Not that I plan to update what I already own, but if the two formats are available when I order at a similar price and with the same contains... Why not doing it now :shrug:

RossRoy

« Reply #162 on: January 05, 2011, 09:29:33 PM »
Not that I plan to update what I already own, but if the two formats are available when I order at a similar price and with the same contains... Why not doing it now :shrug:

That's my stance now. If the Blu and DVD are available at the same price, go Blu. If Blu is more expensive, DVD is just as good.

Najemikon

« Reply #163 on: January 05, 2011, 10:01:40 PM »
So long as I can sell 'em on, I'm updating what I can. Only for stuff that reviews prove is exceptionally better than the DVD.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #164 on: January 05, 2011, 10:25:30 PM »
Oooo...Jimmy is converting.