Author Topic: DVDP Error  (Read 3699 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
DVDP Error
« on: November 29, 2008, 09:40:42 PM »
I know there is several people here that don't go to the Invelos forums anymore... so thought I would ask about this here as well... see if anyone here has any ideas...

I thought I seen this talked about somewhere earlier... but can't seem to find it now.

I needed to update my online collection and keep getting an error...

• First thing I tried was rebooting DVD Profiler
  • Then I tried rebooting the computer
  • Then I tried Database Repair
  • Then tried uninstalling/Re-installing DVD Profiler

None of these things helped. Anyone here know how to fix this or have any other ideas?
Pete

Najemikon

Re: DVDP Error
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 12:16:05 AM »
Is this the problem with a corrupted profile I wonder? Where if there is an issue with a recent addition, it throws the lot out. Would have though database repair should have sorted it, but perhaps try removing your last added profile and if it works, add it back in.

Otherwise, I can only suggest another uninstall/reinstall, but make sure you rename the Profiler directories (usually c:/DVD Profiler & My Documents/DVD Profiler) which will force Windows to reinstall to brand new directories and a blank database (yours, plus reports, layouts, etc are safe when you renamed them).

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 10:24:37 AM »
Thanks Jon... come to think of it... this all started after adding the plugin Bulkedit to the program... which I never did get working. So I wonder if that could be the problem. I will try taking it out... and see if that helps by any chance. If not I may have to try uninstalling and reinstalling again.

I don't think it is a corrupt profile as it worked fine with the last upload... and only added one profile since... which didn't help when I removed it and tried it without it.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 12:54:05 PM »
Removed last couple pluggins I added... No Help.
Uninstalled completely... reinstalled... not only in a new directory... but onto a separate harddrive... No Help.

I am quickly running out of ideas.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 01:44:50 PM »
So when you reinstalled into a new directory, was the database blank?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 02:35:59 PM »
Yup... started with a blank database... and used an earlier back-up just to be safe. That was no help... so I just started a new database... and am downloading my collection from the website. See if that makes a difference. If I can upload after that I can just add the couple of titles I got since then... and make a new back-up.

Hopefully that will work as I am really running out of ideas.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 03:07:13 PM »
So am I!

Does anyone know if Profilers security rights have changed? You quite recently reinstalled your PC. If your username isn't a full administrator and the latest version of Profiler now requires full administrator access... maybe it's getting blocked when it tries to access the Internet. :shrug:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 03:20:39 PM »
Only problem with that idea is that it updated fine for me on the 22nd when I uploaded when I pre-ordered Friday the 13th: The Series: Season 2.... but yet it didn't work on the 28th when I pre-ordered Dead Like Me: Life After Death. both those pre-orders was after the current release.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 03:30:35 PM »
Doh! Then I don't know. :-X

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 03:35:20 PM »
Yup... started with a blank database... and used an earlier back-up just to be safe. That was no help... so I just started a new database... and am downloading my collection from the website. See if that makes a difference. If I can upload after that I can just add the couple of titles I got since then... and make a new back-up.

Hopefully that will work as I am really running out of ideas.

Well... the above didn't help either. This really sucks. This means have no accurate online collection (phpdvdprofiler stopped working for me a long time ago) and I won't be able to vote on anything new I add to my collection. This more then any of the petty stuff at the invelos forums makes me want to give up on DVD Profiler!

I opened a support ticket at Invelos... hopefully Ken will get back to me before too long.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 03:02:26 AM »
I heard back from my support ticket I opened...

The issue is likely an errant custom genre.  You may be able to spot the error via an XML export.  We haven't been able to reproduce the creation of the bad custom genre assignment, but the access violation is corrected in the upcoming 5.3.1, which will start beta soon.

Although I must say I have no idea what I would look for on the XML export.  :P
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 03:05:45 AM »
the access violation is corrected in the upcoming 5.3.1, which will start beta soon.

Wow! That's quite a jump in version! We skipped right over 4.0 AND 5.0  :laugh:

In all seriousness, if you want, you can send me your XML file zipped and I can check if I can't spot an off custom genre.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 03:11:52 AM »
I may know what it is actually... I been using custom genres for a lot of sub-genres I don't know if this will cause it (dvdpro not open now)... but one I added is Ghosts/Hauntings I wonder if it don't like having the "/" in it. But I could have sworn I have had it in there for months (since beta was first released) and it gave me no problems before.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 03:19:14 AM »
well... that wasn't it... just went into profiler and edited everything with a "/" in it. And was no help.
Pete

Touti

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 04:22:50 AM »
Pete check if you have any custom genre with any of the following characters, they could potentially create that sort of problem.

Apostrophe, Double-Quote, semi-colon, Ampersand, back-slash.