Author Topic: Nintendo Wii  (Read 9536 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2008, 01:11:26 AM »
 :laugh: I am still thinking about picking it up for Wii... but I worry a little on how to control her with the Wii controls  :P
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2008, 01:46:14 AM »
The controls have concerned me about the Wii in general for any game since they are so different and I've..well...I've had issues with the normal controls before.   :laugh:  I'm not sure I could figure out the new fangled controls for the Wii..but I may try at some point.

Several years ago I was thinking about getting a Gamecube..least I think that is what it was called.  Anyway, I tried a demo of a game in some store - I think it was a Mario game.  Or maybe it just had Luigi.  I was supposed to catch ghosts or something.  Anyway, the controls were so complicated, I couldn't do anything other than walk.  I gave up on the idea of getting that system after that.

Najemikon

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2008, 02:34:02 AM »
:laugh: I am still thinking about picking it up for Wii... but I worry a little on how to control her with the Wii controls  :P

Yeah, imagine someone walking in on you watching some hot girl bouncing around on your TV screen while you're waving your stick around... ???

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2008, 03:03:56 AM »
 :hysterical:  :-[ :bag:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2008, 06:51:19 AM »
 :hysterical:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2008, 07:27:06 AM »
If I run into a problem with the controls I usually step back from the game for a day or two (or more; in the case of resistance: Fall of Men it was nine months... :bag:) and then try again. Often that helps to "loosen the know" and to get through that tight spot.

Have trouble with LittleBigPlanet right now though and even the thrid retry so far didn't help :-[ (their control flaws are widely known knowledge though).

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2008, 08:08:59 AM »
I don't always have the patience to do that.  Well..at least the going back to the game later part.  I can give up on the games fine.   :laugh:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2008, 08:23:46 AM »
I don't always have the patience to do that.  Well..at least the going back to the game later part.  I can give up on the games fine.   :laugh:
Talking of patience. When I've started playing FF6 I was always blocked (not really, but didn't find what to do) and no internet help for me at that times. So I've played this on and off two years before completing it and every times I play it again I find something new. I'm masochist I want to be torture by the games I play  :devil:

I've not completed "Tales of Phantasia" yet in more than 3 years, but I've not giving hope yet :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2008, 08:36:44 AM »
I have FF7..I got it..I don't even know how long ago now and I haven't finished it.  I was doing good for a long time.  Then I got to the point where I had to raise and race those birds and I dreaded that part..so I just stopped. 

I got Kingdom Hearts a few months after it came out and I haven't finished it yet either.  But I haven't played it in like a year now..I just haven't taken the time to play it.  But I do enjoy that one and can actually figure stuff out.  So my goal is to finish it someday.  It will be the first game I finish.  Least that is the plan now.   :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2008, 12:49:34 AM »
I was about to list all the Wii games we are getting Britt for Xmas... but then I realized... Brittany knows this site. So can't list here.

Sorry Brittany... nice try though!  :laugh:
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2008, 02:19:26 AM »
Hey Pete, did you ever take a crack at getting the Wii online?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2008, 09:52:56 AM »
I have to get a thing or 2 for it first... so it won't be till after Christmas.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2008, 12:15:56 AM »
Well... I just gave Brittany an early Christmas gift... She now has her Wii online... and we got her a 2000pt. Wii card to go with it.

OK... so we are now online with the Wii... what now? LOL  :P
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2008, 12:27:55 AM »
Well, for one thing, you can send me your friend code ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2008, 12:42:39 AM »
LOL.... just as soon as I find out from Britt how... is it just one for the entire system... or is there one for each Mii?
Pete