Author Topic: Nintendo Wii  (Read 9525 times)

Najemikon

Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 09:52:42 PM »
My mate, who is in no way a gamer, got a Wii and I had a go at the boxing. It really frustrated me because of exactly what you described, however, he was really good at it! You have to understand, he has the least amount of patience of anyone I know. If it didn't work the first time he tried it, it would have been back in the shop within the hour! I can only conclude that it is possible to play it right and some of us are just plain old crap. :-[

By the way, what are "proper" games like on the Wii? I've seen stuff like Call of Duty available which sounds cool, but I just can't imagine the graphics being up to scratch with the PC or other consoles.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 06:40:18 AM »
Doesn't the Wii have Zobioe games for Pete to enjoy? Like one of the Resident Evils...?

@Tom:
Yes, if you feel you are a "potential gamer" then you better stay clear of the PS3. I unfortunately gave in to the gaming and now even have, similar to the DVDs, a stack of "unplayed" games :stars: (there was just too much I wanted to have and now I can't play them all :laugh:; well, eventually...)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 02:37:08 PM »
I am sure there must be! :P

While looking on Amazon I was thrilled to see that there was actually a Tomb Raider game for Wii... I used to love those games back when I had a Playstation.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 03:13:32 PM »
...back when I had a Playstation.
Oh, so you are actually not new to all this... Somehow I hadn't thought you had gamed before.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2008, 04:28:41 PM »
Oh no... I used to play games but that has been many years ago.... I just kinda grew out of it. But I did always like the old Tomb Raider games... and the Resident Evil games were good too.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2008, 07:53:51 PM »
"Grew out of it"? How do you do that then? :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 08:16:38 PM »
I got one look at DVDs and I stopped playing games to make more time for my favorite movies and TV Series.  :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 08:40:04 PM »
"Grew out of it"? How do you do that then? :P
For me it was easy. I don't like the way my favourite genre of game are done since the Playstation appear. I only play RPG and strategy game on console, so for me good graphic isn't important at all. What I want in a game is a control of what happen in the story and a total immersion in the game world. I don't want to watch a movie when I play a game (thanks but I've enough dvd for this) and I don't want a "go there make this like we say" kind of game. I've bought Final Fantasy X with my PS2 and completly hated it, if I don't like the FF game for a console the chances are high that the rest will not interest me. I've seen nothing on those new generation console that beat the enjoyment of FF4, FF6, Romancing Saga 3, Tales of Phantasia or Chrono Trigger. Even the Dragon Warrior franchise on the old NES is more fun than any Playstation RPG  :laugh:

Sorry for the little hijack Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 09:59:23 PM »
For me it was easy. I don't like the way my favourite genre of game are done since the Playstation appear.

Similar for me. I really liked to play the classic graphic adventure games like "Day of the Tentacle", "Sam & Max", "Simon the Sorcerer", "Monkey Island", Indy 3+4,...
But this genres went downhill when they started to go 3D: Monkey Island 4, Simon 3D,...  :yucky:

As a matter of fact I still think that "Day of the Tentacle" was the best game ever  :)

RossRoy

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 10:21:29 PM »
"Day of the Tentacle" was the best game ever  :)

Oh yeah! That was an awesome game!

I also like "Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders" I loved how the puzzle solve in there. Especially the one on the plane with the egg hahahaha
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 10:27:51 PM by RossRoy »

RossRoy

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2008, 10:46:23 PM »
For the nostalgic gamer : http://www.abandonia.com/

DVDsRGreat

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2008, 11:22:18 PM »
For the nostalgic gamer : http://www.abandonia.com/

Great site Seb!! Thx!! Now to go home and play something like Bio Menace  :yahoo:

RossRoy

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2008, 11:42:53 PM »
Great site Seb!! Thx!! Now to go home and play something like Bio Menace  :yahoo:

Yeah!! I'm psyched about it (just found it a few days ago)! They have all kinds of classics:
  • Flashback
  • Syndicate
  • Blue Force

and so many more!! It's insane! I'll never get any films watched with all that!! hahaha

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 12:05:33 AM »
I have not enough material to make me loose my time with my dvd, my different old console emulator (Atari, NES, SNES and Genesis) and my arcade emulator.

So thanks for the link, I've found another time waster there : the old Sierra games that I've played a long time ago on my pc (King Quest, Space Quest, Gabriel Knight,...). I've passed a lot of "frustating" hours with those games in the past and I just download them again to see if I will be better.

Remember those game where you were completly block for weeks because you have forgot to take a paper in the second screen? Not a factual event, but a good exemple of the difficulty of those NFBSK games  :laugh: 

RossRoy

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2008, 12:18:53 AM »
Remember those game where you were completly block for weeks because you have forgot to take a paper in the second screen? Not a factual event, but a good exemple of the difficulty of those NFBSK games  :laugh: 

Yeah, some of those adventure games of lore could sometimes have ridiculous difficulty!

Remember being completely stuck on Space Quest (can't remember which one exactly) and I was talking about it on the school bus, and then a guy in the front casually turns around and says "Oh it's simple. Just go there, take this item, and do that". Sure enough, he was right. That guy became a very good friend in the process.