Author Topic: I hate Firefox on forums.  (Read 1747 times)

Touti

I hate Firefox on forums.
« on: October 13, 2007, 06:28:10 PM »
I'm an old person, and old programmer and and old computer user.  When I started using computer 25 years ago you were better off without a mouse because it simply didn't work so I became a keyboard user.  Today I'm still a keyboard user, I know almost every shortcut there is in windows and IE and use them a lot.

One that I always use is the Alt-S shortcut in IE.  In a web form when you have a button of type "Submit" you can do alt-s instead of clicking the button. This doesn't work in Firefox and it pisses me off every time.........I hate those program who are said to work exactly as Microsoft's product but don't.

Touti

Re: I hate Firefox on forums.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 06:39:20 PM »
Test

Touti

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 06:39:44 PM »
It worked.....now I like it again  :yahoo:

lyonsden5

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 06:41:59 PM »
love the mouse - hate the keyboard shortcuts.  :tomato:

The only issue I have with FF is that many sites with some type of form built in don't work properly. That and the FTP sites I've used look completely different using FF compared to IE.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 07:16:15 PM »
I, too, am a programmer and work with the keyboard a lot. I often use the command shell on Windows XP to get things done.

But when I'm surfing I am a mouse-jostler (except when I have to write on forums ;)).

And the Alt-S has to be defined by the "Send"-Button, see HTML reference

Having said that, I am off to watch some East-Germany westerns, starting with Die Söhne der großen Bärin
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 07:17:51 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Touti

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 07:23:58 PM »
And the Alt-S has to be defined by the "Send"-Button

I found an easier way on google.

In a new tab window type about:config in the address bar, then in the filter field type ui.key.contentaccess and change the value from 5 to 4, this is for firefox 2.x.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 09:43:21 PM »
love the mouse - hate the keyboard shortcuts.  :tomato:
I am a mouse person too. Surfing the net should not require the use of the keyboard, to me.

I was also slightly upset about the "HTML Window" for the Overview in DVD Profiler, because right-clicking now brings that pesky color settings menu and not the copy/paste one :redcard: ...and I still fall for it every time :-\