Author Topic: Let the Right One In (R1-US/R1-CA subtitles)  (Read 5034 times)

Kinoniki

Re: Let the Right One In (R1-US/R1-CA subtitles)
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 11:39:34 PM »
Thanks!

I gave this film as a present to an American friend and he was very confused by the difference between the subtitles and the dubbed track. We both concluded that the dub was superior to the subtitles, at least until they release a fixed version.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 06:36:40 AM »
I found on Blu-ray.com today that Momentum Pictures will release Let The Right One In in the UK.

I'll put my hopes on a) proper subtitles and even more on b) region free. I'd rather buy it elsewhere then giving the studio which messaed up the Region A release more money.

Kinoniki

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 11:20:20 PM »
DVD Times review of the UK DVD edition. Apparently it has the correct subtitles and (surprise!) a commentary track recorded in English.

Najemikon

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 11:51:15 PM »
Much obliged! That's good to know

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 06:40:51 AM »
DVD Times review of the UK DVD edition. Apparently it has the correct subtitles and (surprise!) a commentary track recorded in English.
But is it (the Blu-ray) All region...? :hmmmm:

Najemikon

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 01:48:32 PM »
But is it (the Blu-ray) All region...? :hmmmm:

Well I would have thought the Blu would be the same, but all region? Not sure. Argh! Why are they making this one so hard? :hmmmm:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 04:58:04 PM »
Well I would have thought the Blu would be the same, but all region? Not sure. Argh! Why are they making this one so hard? :hmmmm:
Tell me about it... I really hope it will be, as I'd rather buy this one then pay Magnolia who messed up the US release again. Optimums track record is about 50/50, so I'll have to wait and see :fingerchew:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2009, 04:34:22 PM »
I received my Region B version of Let The Right One In today. It had been widely reported that Optimum's version has the proper subtitles.

When I found at least one source saying that the Blu-ray is region free, despite the B-logo on the back, I went ahead and took the risk.

I am happy to be able to report that the disc is indeed region free :yahoo: It played without problems (o.k., I haven't watched the fillm yet, but menus displayed and I skipped through some chapters) on my Region A PS3.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2009, 09:32:35 PM »
...o.k., I haven't watched the fillm yet...

Well, I hope you will like the film after all the fuss we made about the technicalities. And after you bought it twice. Would be really sad if you walked away from it with a kinda meh feeling. :laugh:
Matthias

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2009, 08:02:40 AM »
Well, I hope you will like the film after all the fuss we made about the technicalities. And after you bought it twice. Would be really sad if you walked away from it with a kinda meh feeling. :laugh:
:fingerchew:

...just kidding. So far I have not heard or read a single bad comment about the film and from what I know it seems right up my alley. Of course, I will only know for sure after I watch it.

Boomstick98

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 06:22:06 PM »
I received my Region B version of Let The Right One In today. It had been widely reported that Optimum's version has the proper subtitles.

When I found at least one source saying that the Blu-ray is region free, despite the B-logo on the back, I went ahead and took the risk.

I am happy to be able to report that the disc is indeed region free :yahoo: It played without problems (o.k., I haven't watched the fillm yet, but menus displayed and I skipped through some chapters) on my Region A PS3.

Awesome.  ;D I have been wanting to see this movie. I have heard nothing but good things about it. I just didn't want to get one with messed up subtitles. I have a region A player myself, so I may order the region B version if its region free.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2009, 05:43:13 AM »
There was a posting that showed how to program a DVD player to play all regions - does anyone remember where that post was?

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2009, 07:54:57 AM »
This website is a good place to start all you need is the model of you dvd reader.

Audio/Video help site

You can check here if it didn't work