Author Topic: Kathy, do you have your tickets?  (Read 2620 times)

RossRoy

Kathy, do you have your tickets?
« on: September 19, 2007, 02:52:27 AM »
So Kathy, sports fan that you are, do you have your tickets for January 1st, 2008?

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Kathy, do you have your tickets?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 01:10:38 PM »
Of course! :yahoo: The ice bowl sold out in less than an hour!
The only problem is Buffalo, notorious for its weather, hasn't had a bad winter since 1977! We've even had to make fake snow for a few of our winter festivals! :laugh:

Rant warning:
The only reason we got it is because Bettman still feels guilty for not admitting he screwed up the "no goal" fiasco.  >:( All he had to do was admit they made a mistake. But nooooo....oh I can't stand that man, and not just for that reason. I think he's the reason hockey has lost in so many ways. Bettman has single-handedly taken hockey to an all time low; you know it's bad when the national spelling bee gains higher ratings than an NHL game. And yet, according to Gary,there's no problem in the NHL!?!  Okay, although I could go on...and on...and on....

Rant over, I feel better.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 02:01:37 PM by Kathy »

RossRoy

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 03:26:52 PM »
I won't even start with Bettman...

I have a few acquaintances that went to the exterior game 2 years ago in Edmonton between the Oilers and the Canadiens. They said it's the best experience they ever had, even though it was insanely cold! So I wish yours will be just as good!

But then, with Crosby/Malkin on ice, should make some sparks ;)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 04:50:55 PM »
But then, with Crosby/Malkin on ice, should make some sparks ;)

I know I love them both; besides being among the most exciting players, they saved a dying franchise. But...I'm still rooting for the Sabres!

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 11:39:26 PM »
Oh the dilemma; I'm been offered $500.00 a ticket for my tickets to the Ice Bowl.  :o Oh my, think of the DVDs $2,000.00 would buy.  :drooling:

Should I take the money and gleefully watch the game on TV? DVDs last forever; the game is over in a few hours.

Or...how can I even think about missing a hockey game? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity!

What would YOU do?

Najemikon

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 12:45:58 AM »
It's a no-brainer. Take the damn money and watch at home where snacks and bathroom breaks are a bit more convenient! It's only a game, Kathy (coming from someone who just doesn't bother with sport on a single level...)  :tease:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 02:47:20 AM »
It's a no-brainer.

Who ever said an avid sports fan has a brain? :laugh:

I must admit I am tempted since this is just a regular game and not the playoffs. I turned this kind of money down during the Stanley Cup playoffs and had my heart broken (and NOT by the lose of money).

But...I want to see this game so bad. I haven't missed a game in decades. Of course, since you are "...someone who just doesn't bother with sport on a single level..." you just couldn't understand.  :tease:  :laugh:

RossRoy

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 03:17:40 AM »
You're right Jon, it's a no-brainer.

Keep the damn tickets!

Sure, DVD lasts forever, but a professional hockey game played outside, in the midst of a 70,000+ crowd?? Can't beat that feeling! And it's almost certainly a ince in a lifetime opportunity! It may not happen ever again!

Najemikon

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 10:05:43 AM »
A once in a lifetime opportunity? Why, is someone cancelling hockey?  :tease:

I'm just playing devil's advocate now, but $2000? Two-thou-sand-doll-ars... hmmm...

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 10:12:28 AM »
Being not much interested in sports: sell the tickets.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

lyonsden5

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 02:53:02 PM »
Wow... nice dilemma to be in  :laugh:

If it were me right now I would sell the tickets. I could see where you would want to be a part of it though. It would be fun.

How 'bout sell two tickets. You get to go and you get to party your but off with the $1,000.00 you make on the two tickets you sell  :thumbup:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 09:40:06 PM »
Wow... nice dilemma to be in  :laugh:

If it were me right now I would sell the tickets. I could see where you would want to be a part of it though. It would be fun.

How 'bout sell two tickets. You get to go and you get to party your but off with the $1,000.00 you make on the two tickets you sell  :thumbup:

I must admit it is a nice dilemma.  ;D
I thought of selling 2 tickets but then who gets left out of the fun? I'd never live it down.
I told my mom about the offer and she said "who in their right mind would spend $500 for a ticket to a hockey game?!?"
My reply? Me...if I don't sell the tickets! :laugh:

Najemikon

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 12:36:19 AM »

I told my mom about the offer and she said "who in their right mind would spend $500 for a ticket to a hockey game?!?"
My reply? Me...if I don't sell the tickets! :laugh:

Quality! 1 point awarded for a brilliant line of irony...  :thumbup: