Poll

Do you iGoogle?

Hell yeah!
Not in your life!
iGoowhat?
What's Google?

Author Topic: Do you iGoogle?  (Read 1105 times)

RossRoy

Do you iGoogle?
« on: September 17, 2007, 05:21:02 PM »
I just discovered this a few weeks ago, the iGoogle feature on Google (customized homepage, for those that are wondering).

I used to have it configured as a simple one stop to see, at a glance, what I have in my gmail account, as well as my reader account and some of my most used bookmarks. I also added a notebook and to-do list, weather and horoscope just to fill the page.

But, it dawned on my that there are probably some interesting Movie and DVD related iGoogle gadgets that could make for a great Movie oriented tab.

I haven't had the time to look at what's available yet, but I was wondering, are any of you using iGoogle? and if so, do you have some neat gadgets to recommend?

lyonsden5

Re: Do you iGoogle?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 06:17:24 PM »
I've been iGoogleing for quite some time now. One of the latest things I've triued out is the built in themes. Pretty cool the way it changes as the day progresses.

The latest gadget I added was the world wlock. I have it set with names of 5 different people from around the world I knwo of that come here (or DVDP). Instantly see what time it is for them without doing the calculations.

I also have a weather map (here in Florida storms pop up pretty quick), the current phase of the moon, word of the day, recipe of the day, ESPN news headlines, and Top Stories. I've tried other things. Most of the news type stuff I don't ever even check. About once a month I look for something new and get rid of the old.

Haven't tried adding a tab yet. Right now it's just the Home tab.

The only problem I have had is every now and then it I have to log back in to see my mail. Not sure why. Home page stays correct but the mail looses it's cookie. Maybe it just expires. :shrug:

Haven't found any movie or DVD gadgets but I haven't looked for them either.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Do you iGoogle?
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 06:45:44 PM »
I#ve configured it, I've used it for a while but now I have returned to my usual website-round (I have a lot of news websites that I visit in turn)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools