Author Topic: The perfect program  (Read 13082 times)

Touti

The perfect program
« on: August 25, 2007, 02:09:43 AM »
I know our friend xyrano (who no longer comes here  :weep:) created a similar thread some time ago but I'd like to have that discussion again.

So what do you think the perfect dvd/movie/media collector program should have ?

xyrano

Re: The perfect program
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 09:45:37 PM »
I know our friend xyrano (who no longer comes here  :weep:) created a similar thread some time ago but I'd like to have that discussion again.

So what do you think the perfect dvd/movie/media collector program should have ?
Trust me, I'm still here :egyptian:

Touti

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 09:51:38 PM »

Trust me, I'm still here :egyptian:

:clap:

lovemunkey187

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 12:11:44 PM »
I want an option to be able to input the edition number.

By this I mean, if a title is CE/LE/SE/UE/Critereon/Boxset/Whatever, I can put in that it's #1195 of 1200 and somehow for this to morph across onto the online profile(But I guess the second part would be nigh on impossible to do).

xyrano

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 12:13:33 AM »
You've started coding yet? ;)

lovemunkey187

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 11:30:29 AM »

Coding.  Is that something to do with sea fishing?

Touti

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 01:53:11 AM »

Nope.....but I will soon, summer is over, hunting season has started and I can no longer go out wheeling in the woods.

RossRoy

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 02:27:50 AM »
hunting season has started and I can no longer go out wheeling in the woods.

Oh the mental image  :P

But kidding aside, there's got to be places where you can go wheeling, and there's no hunting?

Touti

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 03:45:25 AM »
Not many actually.  There's a few trails under hydro lines but they're not very interesting.  The nice ones are in the woods but we don't go during the hunting season.  We could but we don't want to get in their way.

A few quiet week-ends at home won't hurt anyway.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 07:03:00 AM »
A few quiet week-ends at home won't hurt anyway.

Time to watch a few DVDs!  Are you back from New York?

Touti

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 07:41:20 PM »
I haven't been in New York yet.  Unfortunately we were unable to book an apartment for my dates so we had to postpone my trip.  I'll be going from Oct. 22nd to Nov. 9th.

I'm probably gonna get started on my project this coming week-end.  I'm still uncertain as to how I'm gonna handle the "Titles" problem but I don't want to delay any longer.  Maybe the solution will come to me while I'm coding.  I don't want to keep a Blog or post news about my development in a public area but if some of you are interested in following the progress and discuss ideas and bugs, send me a PM and I will create a special section in the forum.

Touti

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 12:17:06 AM »
How important is it for you that your personal data is stored locally.  Would you be comfortable with taking the risk of not having access to your collection if you're internet connection went down if that meant a much more powerful program ?

Please explain your thoughts

lyonsden5

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 02:11:57 AM »
How important is it for you that your personal data is stored locally.  Would you be comfortable with taking the risk of not having access to your collection if you're internet connection went down if that meant a much more powerful program ?

Please explain your thoughts

Personally I would not be opposed to an internet based collection, especially if it meant it was much more powerful. As far as not having access to the internet there really aren't too many places I go where I have my computer but do not have internet access.

One thing I don't like about the online programs now is all the ads. Of course I've just looked at the free programs.  :bag:

Edward Karlinski

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 02:23:07 AM »
Any internet only program is garbage. I want a real database that I can access anytime I like regardless of internet access. That is why DVD Profiler is head and shoulders above most other programs.

RossRoy

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2007, 02:29:06 AM »
I don't mind more advanced features requiring an active internet connections, but I believe basic data in a usable state should still be accessible offline. I stopped using DVDAficionado because I wanted access to at least some of my data even the site has to be shutdown for some reason (hardware failure, etc).