Author Topic: Received some bad news...  (Read 9351 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Received some bad news...
« on: August 19, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »
Looks like my time will be limited online for a while. A couple of years ago my mother was diagnosed with lung cancer. She was only given about a year to live.. but she decided to fight it anyway... and beat it... but the doctors have been watching her to be sure it isn't coming back. Unfortunately we just found out that the last test she had that the cancer is indeed back.

She is prepared to fight it every step of the way once again... and seems to have a good attitude about it... says she beat it one... she will beat it again! But she does like for me to go with her on all (or at least most) her doctor appointments. So between those and helping her with everything around the house and such I will be limited a bit on what I can do and what I can watch.

I do still plan on having my weekend marathons... though they might be limited more then they have been... and I will be watching my DVDs and reviewing here as much as I can. but My postings may take a bit of a decline.

Touti... just want you to know that I love the site... and still plan on checking the site out daily... so please don't think anything if my postings do decline a bit. At this point I don't know how much.. but I am sure they will decline some... especially once she starts her Chemotherapy.
Pete

Touti

Re: Received some bad news...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 06:25:46 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that about your mother Pete.  I'm sure everyone hgere will join me and wishing her the best.  With a positive attitude and with your support I'm sure she'll be with you for many years to come.

I very much enjoy having you around and reading all your reviews but I totally understand that you want to be with your mother when she needs you and I encourage you to do so even if it means that you won't be posting much, after all it's only a web site, people and family are more important.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 06:54:55 PM »
Pete, I'm sorry your mother has had a setback in her courageous battle with cancer. My thoughts and prayers are with all of your family during this difficult time. I admire her positive attitude and have seen how this can create sometimes miraculous results; I wish her the best in beating this once again. 

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 07:14:21 PM »
Thank you both. I really do appreciate it! I will try to come here and post as much as possible. I just don't know what the next few months or so will involve. As I said I will know more tomorrow once we go to her doctor appointment.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 07:25:56 PM »
Best wishes, Pete. I know how cruel and indiscriminate cancer is; I lost my Dad three years ago. Your Mum must already have the best frame of mind if she has beaten it once. She deserves far better than it coming back.

Someone once told me actually, that sufferers of an illness like this are invariably calm and positive. That was certainly the case with my Dad, whose demeanour improved after he was diagnosed despite it being much too late to do anything about it.

Look after each other and things will work out for the best.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 07:47:07 PM »
Thanks Jon...
yes.. she definitely has the right frame of mind. She impresses me more every day. The first time she was diagnosed her attitude was This will not beat me... right from the start... and no matter what was thrown at her (she went through chemotherapy and radiation both at the same time)... not only did she go through it... she went through it with a smile on her face. And this time when she was diagnosed... all she said was I beat it once... I will beat it again!

I do have to admit I am still very concerned though. Even thought she did beat it the way she did... the procedures didn't leave quite the same. She has been weaker every since after the first fight. So I have to admit I am concerned that no matter her intentions and her great attitude.. I have to wonder if she is just strong enough.
Pete

lyonsden5

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 08:30:05 PM »
The second time around battle is going to be rough, that's for sure. Keep the faith that things will work out as they are supposed to.

I wish you and your family the best. Enjoy each and every moment you have together.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 08:47:00 PM »
Thanks Rick
Pete

m.cellophane

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 12:35:34 AM »
Best wishes from me too, Pete. Sounds like your mom is a fighter. Hang in there.  :friends:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 01:34:34 AM »
Thanks James... I appreciate it.
Pete

Halo2

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 02:21:21 AM »
I also send along my best wishes and prayers. As does my wife who beat breast cancer three years ago. We know what your mother and you have gone through and will go through again. All our best.

RossRoy

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 02:32:43 AM »
Best wishes and try to keep the spirits up! It goes a looooong way.

Remember, we'll be here for you should you need support.  :friends:

SailorRipley

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 05:16:06 AM »
Pete, all my best wishes to you and your family for your mother's full recovery. Keep always your spirits high. You will be in my thoughts, my friend.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 10:54:28 AM »
Thank you all... I really do appreciate all the kind words of encouragement and the support.
Pete

lovemunkey187

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 12:20:56 PM »
Pete, here's to you and Mom and her succesful fight  :cheers: