Author Topic: Yet Another DVD Care Package!?!?!  (Read 5186 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Yet Another DVD Care Package!?!?!
« on: September 18, 2008, 09:49:12 PM »
A friend of mine told me he is about to send out another care package to me (within the next day or two). He didn't give me much more info then that though. Just said he will be sending me some Little Rascals DVDs now that he pre-ordered the big boxset that is in the works... and some other stuff all depending how much it takes to fill the box! :P

So the torture starts again! I can't wait to see what all he decides to send me. This is the guy that has been sending me lots of classic stuff. :)
Pete

RossRoy

Re: Yet Another DVD Care Package!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 09:51:11 PM »
You know, if you are looking to unload some DVD yourself, feel free to send them my way too.

And that goes for any of you!

:devil:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 09:57:50 PM »
hmmmm... maybe I should send you over The Sorority??  :laugh:
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 10:05:52 PM »

Hmmmmm.. Now how should I interpret that?  :-\

:laugh:

Halo2

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 10:10:00 PM »
It's the DVD that passes from collector to collector, never finding a permanent home. Doomed to wander this earth all it's days!

;D

RossRoy

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 10:23:41 PM »
It's the DVD that passes from collector to collector, never finding a permanent home. Doomed to wander this earth all it's days!

;D

:laugh: Fits with the upcoming horror theme!

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 12:04:41 AM »
:redcard: No No No you must watch it in your horror marathon  :P
So the torture starts again! I can't wait to see what all he decides to send me. This is the guy that has been sending me lots of classic stuff. :)
This is not a torture, but if you have to wait untill Christmass or your next birthday to open it.... It sure is

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 12:15:15 AM »
:redcard: No No No you must watch it in your horror marathon  :P
:laugh: yes I know... I must watch it next month.
This is not a torture, but if you have to wait untill Christmass or your next birthday to open it.... It sure is
This is true... but lets say it is minor torture as I won't know for a few days anyway! :P Besides the real torture is having to watch The Sorority again next month!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 12:28:36 AM »
Besides the real torture is having to watch The Sorority again next month!  :laugh:
After Lizzie Borden I can garantee that you will never see "The Sorority" as a torture  :laugh:
But I've not seen it yet  :fingerchew:

Touti

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 12:30:35 AM »
A friend of mine told me he is about to send out another care package to me (within the next day or two). He didn't give me much more info then that though. Just said he will be sending me some Little Rascals DVDs now that he pre-ordered the big boxset that is in the works... and some other stuff all depending how much it takes to fill the box! :P

I think it's time for rules around here.  From now on every member of DVD Collectors Online is to share his/her friends with other members.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 12:32:13 AM »
Friend?... did I say friend?... I meant more like an acquaintance... after all I never met him!  :laugh:
Pete

Touti

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 01:11:17 AM »
Friend?... did I say friend?... I meant more like an acquaintance... after all I never met him!  :laugh:

All jokes put aside Pete, I think it's very nice that you have good friends who love you enough to send you gifts and know you well enough to know what you like.

I have over 500 titles here and only 4 or 5 are gifts.  One is a collection of 4 Japanese horror movie I got from Jimmy and another movie I got from Rossroy (Sorry Seb but I don't remember which on it was).

It's fun to tease you a little Pete but frankly I'm a bit jealous, I wish my friends and family cared enough to contribute to my collection now and then...........they do remember me when they want to borrow though so I guess I'm not losing everything :hysterical:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 01:55:49 AM »
 :laugh: well I tell ya... I don't know how I got so lucky to find a few different friends online that are so generous and enjoy to send me gifts like this all the time. I do know that one of them publicly said he knows how much I enjoy it... and can see just how much I appreciate it... and that alone goes a long way in his decision to send me a package. He said he knows even before he sends them that they are going to a good home to someone that will really take care of them. Of course I believe everyone here would be the same way.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 02:33:47 AM »
I wish my friends and family cared enough to contribute to my collection now and then...........they do remember me when they want to borrow though so I guess I'm not losing everything :hysterical:
If they are like mine they probably think that you are crazy to spent that much money on something that you can watch on tv or rent. My mother continue to give me clothes for Christmass and my brother get the gift certificate for Archambeault (a french canadian dvd/cd/books seller) even if she knows that I'm a dvd collector  :laugh:

RossRoy

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 04:29:41 AM »
I got from Rossroy (Sorry Seb but I don't remember which on it was).

Don't be sorry.. I don't even remember sending you a movie!!!  :bag: