Author Topic: Images in PM  (Read 2114 times)

RossRoy

Images in PM
« on: August 04, 2007, 08:28:04 PM »
Touti, there seems to be a problem with images in the PM.

When I sent the trivia question to Sailor for the Horror Mansion game, he couldn't see the image. Any ideas what's happening?

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Images in PM
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 08:48:35 PM »
Touti, there seems to be a problem with images in the PM.

When I sent the trivia question to Sailor for the Horror Mansion game, he couldn't see the image. Any ideas what's happening?

Touti has a split personality and won't be back together until later tonight!

(He took his 4 wheel drive vehicle out for an adventure)

SailorRipley

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 09:18:32 PM »
Strangely enough, when I sent Rick his PM with the attached image for his question. I could see it perfectly in the preview and he didn't say anything about not being able to see it.

So, I don't know what happened.  :shrug:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 09:20:26 PM »
I often don't see images in threads here... :shrug: Have to reload two or three times. Maybe something about the internet/server connection?

RossRoy

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 09:37:17 PM »
I also got a "You do not have priviledges to use spoiler" when I used it in a PM.

Might something in regards to the rights of users or something.

lyonsden5

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 09:47:34 PM »
Strangely enough, when I sent Rick his PM with the attached image for his question. I could see it perfectly in the preview and he didn't say anything about not being able to see it.

So, I don't know what happened.  :shrug:

Saw it just fine.  :shrug:

Touti

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 01:56:02 PM »
I missed this thread yesterday, sorry.

There shouldn't be any reason not to see images in PM's except speed.  Since images cannot be attached to a PM, they have to be linked to on another server.  I know many people use photobucket or imageshack, these are great services but sometimes they're slow.

The fact the images isn't showing or that you have to refresh your page a few times might simply be because the images isn't completely transferred to your browser.

As for spoilers in PM's, I will look into it later today, I haven't seen anything about it in the admin panel but it could be hidden somewhere else.  I'll let you know.