Author Topic: Grand Prix & Brotherhood of the wolf  (Read 1624 times)

Touti

Grand Prix & Brotherhood of the wolf
« on: August 04, 2007, 05:08:33 PM »
This is a gift to myself.  After the deception of braking my 10$ rules for 300, I decided to break it again for something I really want and know I won't be disappointed with.

Grand Prix: Special Edition (012569793606)
Brotherhood of the Wolf: 3 Disc Collectors Edition (824255050159 )

SailorRipley

Re: Grand Prix & Brotherhood of the wolf
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 05:57:41 PM »
Ooooh, really nice. I've been meaning to get that 3-disc Brotherhood of the Wold for ages now. I currently own the crappy R1 version (no extras whatsoever). That's a great film, quite unique.

I don't think I've ever seen Grand Prix. Is that the Frankenheimer film w/James Garner?

Touti

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 12:20:20 AM »
I don't think I've ever seen Grand Prix. Is that the Frankenheimer film w/James Garner?

Yes it is.  James Garner, Eva Marie Saint and Yves Montand.  Excellent movie, I've partially seen it twice on TV, many years ago.  I never had a chance to see it from beginning to end.  I remembered about that movie while posting in Kathy's "Sports" thread this morning and found that it was release on DVD in 2006.  There's a DVD called "The Making of Grand Prix" that's available for less than 10 bucks but it's part of the Special Edition I ordered.

Najemikon

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 01:33:00 AM »
One of those pointless little movie links: for Grand Prix, John Frankenheimer pretty much invented how to film a car chase. I think it was the first film to feature camera shots at a road level? Anyway the method was used possibly to its most famous effect in The French Connection, directed by William Friedkin. John Frankenheimer directed the sequel and was going to direct the prequel to Friedkin's Exorcist when he died.

Marvellous director. He also did The Manchurian Candidate and Ronin (another class car chase or two there).