Author Topic: It will return in October - Beware !  (Read 22428 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: It will return in October - Beware !
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2008, 02:54:07 PM »
Pete seems to need to concentrate on the marathon and appears to feel unsure he'd enjoy this...

If one of the other fellow country men wants to play, I'd be happy to play as "German team" (or whatever name we still come up with; just not "The Lederhosen" :laugh:)

Touti

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2008, 01:08:09 PM »
Still only 4 teams.  This doesn't look like it's gonna happen.  I'm keeping the idea, maybe we can try again in a few months as we're slowly getting new members.

lyonsden5

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2008, 02:46:20 PM »
Don't kill it just yet Eric, we've got 4 1/2 teams. Achim is ready to go and just needs a partner.

We'll find one more.  :yep:

Touti

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2008, 03:28:56 PM »
Sure, if we get our 5 teams we'll do it, it may not be on October 1st because I need time to prepare the board but we'll do it sooner or later.

The longest part is making a list of the 300 items that are required to "populate" the sections that won't have "Free Actions" or Puzzles.  I got 46 so far, I could use help if some of you have good ideas.

Examples of items I have so far.
Tire
Knife
Dead Mouse
Painting
Power Cord
Cell Phone Battery
A spreadsheet
A full box of Enron Letterheads
A Windows "Retry" button

DVDsRGreat

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2008, 03:43:32 PM »
Count me in. Need a partner though. Although not sure if I'm gonna be able to answer any trivia. Horror's not my forte.

Cheers!

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2008, 03:50:22 PM »
Count me in. Need a partner though. Although not sure if I'm gonna be able to answer any trivia. Horror's not my forte.
Try to send a PM to Achim, since he wait for a partner for the game. Don't worry for the trivia questions they are movie related and not necessary horror related.

lyonsden5

« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2008, 03:52:55 PM »

Cheers!
EDIT: I see Jimmy already suggested you contact Achim  ;D

Sure, if we get our 5 teams we'll do it, it may not be on October 1st because I need time to prepare the board but we'll do it sooner or later.

The longest part is making a list of the 300 items that are required to "populate" the sections that won't have "Free Actions" or Puzzles.  I got 46 so far, I could use help if some of you have good ideas.

Examples of items I have so far.
Tire
Knife
Dead Mouse
Painting
Power Cord
Cell Phone Battery
A spreadsheet
A full box of Enron Letterheads
A Windows "Retry" button

Not exactly sure what you're looking for but here is a list of lists of random items that may help
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080309131455AAbUJxX

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2008, 03:57:25 PM »

Cheers!

There's been no PM exchange yet, bit I'd be delighted to team up with you!

DVDsRGreat

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2008, 04:15:38 PM »
Hey Achim,

Delighted to join ya. So we have a fifth team now  :yahoo:. Need to come up with a name  :hmmmm:

Cheers,
Shrek.

BTW: Some of you may wonder why I sign-off as Shrek. Well my name's Srikanth (pronounced shree-kan-t). When the movie Shrek came out my friends back home in India started calling me that. Then when I moved to the US (I'm in Vermont currently) most of my colleagues found it difficult to pronounce my name right, so I just continued to use my nickname here!!

Touti

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2008, 04:19:34 PM »
Allright, so we have our 5 teams.  This was the minimum btw but not a limit, we have room for more ;)

Rick, your link is gonna be very helpful, that's gonna save me a lot of time, thanks.

Touti

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2008, 05:01:44 PM »
I've decided to add a little to the game.  In the 300 items that are disseminated in the Mansion, there's gonna be five "Friendly Mummies".  If you uncover one, it will become your deputy for the rest of the game.

I've added a new action called "Dispatch Deputy" and added the following paragraph to the list of actions.

d) Dispatch Deputy: If you have uncovered a Friendly Mummy, it will turn into your deputy for the rest of the game.  The "Dispatch Deputy" action allows you to move any other player, including your teammate, to any RQS on the board by dispatching your Friendly Mummy to move him/her. You can only own one friendly mummy, if you uncover a second one, the Force that Binds the Great Darkness will automatically switch it with an unopened item from another RQS.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2008, 06:41:45 PM »
But if you want to see what I've try to post for you two, follow the link

:redcard: More of a warning please! I clicked it without reading properly... ARGH! :yucky:

Agreed! :bash:

We all know that this is the forum without rules but I think there's a limit to what we can accept.  As the administrator and moderator of the site I must issue a  :yellowcard: against such disgusting links.

FOUL! Laura and I are constantly looking at half naked women...as the administrator and moderator where is the :yellowcard: for THOSE disgusting links?!? :redcard:

Najemikon

« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2008, 06:49:39 PM »
But if you want to see what I've try to post for you two, follow the link

:redcard: More of a warning please! I clicked it without reading properly... ARGH! :yucky:

Agreed! :bash:

We all know that this is the forum without rules but I think there's a limit to what we can accept.  As the administrator and moderator of the site I must issue a  :yellowcard: against such disgusting links.

FOUL! Laura and I are constantly looking at half naked women...as the administrator and moderator where is the :yellowcard: for THOSE disgusting links?!? :redcard:

It's called sexism and I've heard it's a bad thing, but so far, I seem unaffected... :devil:

Touti

« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2008, 07:52:39 PM »

I don't understand, what's wrong with half naked women ? ;D

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2008, 08:10:22 PM »

I don't understand, what's wrong with half naked women ? ;D

Isn't that obvious? That they aren't fully naked, of course.  ;D
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools