Author Topic: Newbie looking for Friendly's to teach me the ropes of this site????  (Read 8488 times)

DVD4EveR

Hello Anyone,
I am a new user to this site or any site like it to be honest. I am an avid collector of dvds though and think it is great that there are other people who share my interest out there. Anyways I am hoping a few friendly people who are familiar with how this site works can help me out and lead me on the right path. Take care and look forward to talkin with ya!

Touti

Re: Newbie looking for Friendly's to teach me the ropes of this site????
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 03:20:13 AM »
Welcome to the site.  Somehow this topic got locked which is probably why you didn't get any replies.  I can't really answer your question because I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for ;)

There isn't really any right path.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 04:41:18 AM »
Like Eric had already said there are no right or wrong path to follow, in fact we are not so crazy about the rules (read some old topic and it will became clear).

Welcome aboard  :cheers: and don't hesitate to enter in the discussion, participate to our marathon (try with the october one) and try your hand on the review writting since this is the best way to let the other know what genre of movie you like.   

Halo2

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 06:11:09 AM »
Yes, hello and welcome!

As has been stated, there are rally no wrong paths to follow or forge for yourself. Join into a current discussion. Don't see a topic that quite covers your interest, start a new topic and discuss it. Those that have an interest will join in and support you or oppose you, but never in a way that you will feel you are being beat up.There are other forums for that.

You expressed an interest in horror. You have joined at just the right time. Each October addicted does a month long horror marathon. He can explain it much better than I. See his article on the home page. He has invited others to join with him this year and several other members are joining him. I won't be joining in as my time has become severly limited for watching my shiny discs and horror is not a genre I care much for. I have some horror films in my collection, but not many.

If you have your collection online, post a link to it so we can see what you have. I have a link to my site posted in my signature. Click on the icon that has the globe, type in the URL and paste it into your message or signature. If your collection is small, don't worry, it will grow and we all started with zero and have built up from there.

Also, help our city grow. Look in the header, you will see links to the six areas where you can click and help us grow. For now I'd say click on population and look around. Perhaps our Mayor, Eric, can recommend where you can help us the most. And invite some of your friends to help the city grow as well. They may even like our site, stay and add their thoughts and voices to ours.

Once again, welcome.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 06:29:45 AM »
Hello!

I can only agree with the others. There are no particular rules here. Be friendly and everyone will be firendly back at ya! ;D

Look at some older posts to get a feel for the topics we discuss here. If you like it, stick around and discuss with us!

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 09:06:16 AM »
I welcome thee.

There are only three rules:

1.) Thou shalt not talk about the Fight Club.

2.) Thou shalt NOT talk about the Fight Club.

3.) Thou shalt have fun here.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

lyonsden5

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 01:33:29 PM »
About the only thing I can add to what has already been said is my own WELCOME!

Touti

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 02:10:46 PM »
I welcome thee.

Fight club ?  What fight club ?  Did I miss something good again ?  :swordfight:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 04:07:28 PM »
I welcome thee.

Fight club ?  What fight club ?  Did I miss something good again ?  :swordfight:
Seeing the rules, we clearly can't tell you :tease:

lyonsden5

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 04:26:24 PM »
I thought the rule of this forum is we don't talk about rules  :yellowcard: There's none of this :readthis:  here

:tease:

DVD4EveR

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 11:16:48 PM »
Wow!!!

This is crazy, I honestly didnt expect to get that many replies over night.

It sounds like you guys have some serious collections! I have to ask, are they all 100% legitimate copies or are there boot legs included in there? My collection is only at 349 but they are all legit dvds. However I do have multi-copies of some of my personal favorites.

Anyways I don't know how im going to keep up with this place, so please if anyone tries to talk to me and I dont get back to you right away, please dont be offended.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 11:21:01 PM »
As far as I am aware, my stuff is completely legit, but my interest are fairly mainstream and that means I get it in every big store.

I bought my first DVD in 2001, so not really an early adopter, but I got used to these shiny little discs and german television has been sucking for years now, so what's a man to do?
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Touti

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 11:25:56 PM »
I have 524, all legit except for one which I bought on ebay. It was advertised as "Used" and it turned out to be an illegal copy of a british tv series not available in R1.  Ebay and Paypal wouldn't do anything to help me so I kept it.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 11:30:43 PM »
It sounds like you guys have some serious collections! I have to ask, are they all 100% legitimate copies or are there boot legs included in there?
Almost everything legit, of course :)
One or two DVDs I had bought on ebay, which are not 100% legit methinks.

DVD4EveR

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 11:33:19 PM »
It sounds like you guys have some serious collections! I have to ask, are they all 100% legitimate copies or are there boot legs included in there?
Almost everything legit, of course :)
One or two DVDs I had bought on ebay, which are not 100% legit methinks.

So im not the only one who had problems with ebay!

I no longer use ebay. Too much trouble and rediculous shipping charges!