Author Topic: Front page articles.  (Read 1314 times)

Touti

Front page articles.
« on: September 06, 2008, 05:28:05 PM »
It's been a while since we published any new article on the front page.  Anyone up to the task ?

lyonsden5

Re: Front page articles.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 05:32:31 PM »
Something about our upcoming Marathons might be good.

Maybe Pete can write something about the October horror marathon.

There's also the Big Bang group watch (or whatever we call it) coming up.

:2cents:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 05:50:31 PM »
Something about our upcoming Marathons might be good.

Maybe Pete can write something about the October horror marathon.
Nice idea  :)

If you decide to write it Pete try to talk about why you do it and how you have started it (not everyone was there in the old Invelos forum days). Just write it like if no one was knowing what you are talking about.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 07:18:00 PM »
I am not exactly a writer... but I could give it a go. A couple questions though...

1. Would you want something on the actual horror marathon and how it started... or on horror in general and how my love for it came about... or a combination of both? I personally think a combination of both would be better.

2. What would I do? write something in a TXT file and send it to Eric.... or post it in one of the sections of the forum and let him link to it like he did on my reviews a couple times? If so which section should I post it in?

I can work on it but it may be a couple days before I actually have something worth putting up.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 07:28:07 PM »
I am not exactly a writer... but I could give it a go. A couple questions though...

1. Would you want something on the actual horror marathon and how it started... or on horror in general and how my love for it came about... or a combination of both? I personally think a combination of both would be better.
Agree. Really like to finally know how you have think of this concept. For the second question  :shrug: only Eric can answer it

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 07:43:05 PM »
I am working on something now on the idea of the combined... both how I got into horror and on the yearly marathon as well.

I am working on this in Microsoft Word at the moment... but when done I can copy and past it into a post if need be. So Eric... if you can let me know how and/or where you want me to post it I can have it ready either later today or tomorrow for you.
Pete

Touti

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 08:11:57 PM »
Pete,

I added you to the "Article Writer" group.  On the the left of the home page, toward the bottom you'll see a "Tools" section with an option to "Submit an article".

That will take you to a page where you can write your article, it's similar to posting in the forum although a little bit more advanced.  Please use this instead of Word because pasting a word document into an article would lose all the formatting and fonts.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 08:19:19 PM »
OK Thanks Eric... consider it good as done. Once I got started I just couldn't stop. I almost have it done now.. but will be sure to check all formatting and everything when I add it to the page.  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 09:07:36 PM »
The article is done and submitted to Eric. Please keep in mind this is my first attempt so it is pretty basic.
Pete