Author Topic: What else do you do ?  (Read 3021 times)

Touti

What else do you do ?
« on: July 14, 2007, 03:54:49 AM »
We all love our movies and DVD's but that's not all we do in life.  What are you other interests.

RossRoy

Re: What else do you do ?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 04:02:55 AM »
Music, obviously, as you might've read from the 5.1 audio thread. I'm a trombonist, but I don't play in any band at the moment.  :'(

And... well... That's all I can think of right now!  :slaphead:

Well, the fact that I'm stuck at work, at 10:00PM on the friday right before I start my vacations might have something to do with it  :thumbdown:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 10:13:54 AM »
I love to post in forums. I post in all kinds of forums (Star Trek, IT, political, DVDs ;)) and I like discussions of all kinds.

Other than that I read my weekly magazine Der Spiegel and the bi-weekly computer magazine c't. If I find the time (which is sometimes hard) I read fantasy literature such as Harry Potter, the Thursday Next series and japanese mangas.

Every wednesday I poker (Texas Hold'Em) with colleagues/friends of mine.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Najemikon

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 10:27:07 AM »
In real life, I'm an IT technician who likes photography. Always have, but only got a decent SLR digital camera last year. Once I learn how to use the bloody thing, I'm going to get my website running and stick some of my pictures up. So my next hobby will be messing around with a website!  ::)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 10:52:06 AM »
In real life... ::)

Is there any other kind?!? :laugh:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 11:10:04 AM »
In real life... ::)

Is there any other kind?!? :laugh:
I don't understand the question at all. What is this "real life" you people are talking about?  :shrug:
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 11:25:10 AM »
For me...
Surfing the net... playing games with my daughter. Mostly the old board games. I used to really enjoy playing my playstaion 2... but I haven't done that much in quite a while.
Pete

Touti

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 12:40:31 PM »
Besides collecting DVD's and watching them  :o, my other hobbies are Genealogy and taking my 4x4 truck out in the trails which is what I'm gonna do today so you won't see any post from me.

lyonsden5

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 03:44:03 PM »
work    >:(

2 kids in college (was 3 last year) and a wife who had to quit work due to some medical issues (lost $45,000 per year income as our 3rd hit college  ??? ) Do most of the cooking , all of the shopping, some of the cleaning (the kids do most of it when they come home) and a whole lot of working  ;D

I work from home though so it's all good. Without these forums I would no doubt go crazy.

All work and no play makes Rick a dull boy. All work and no play makes Rick a dull boy.
All work and no play makes Rick a dull boy. All work and no play makes Rick a dull boy.
 :wacko:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 03:50:49 PM »
work    >:(

2 kids in college (was 3 last year) and a wife who had to quit work due to some medical issues (lost $45,000 per year income as our 3rd hit college  ??? ) Do most of the cooking , all of the shopping, some of the cleaning (the kids do most of it when they come home) and a whole lot of working  ;D

I work from home though so it's all good. Without these forums I would no doubt go crazy.

:wacko:

:hysterical:

"Without these forums I would no doubt go crazy".  Go ahead blame it on the forums! :devil:

SailorRipley

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2007, 06:12:24 PM »
Well, I have quite a few other interests, the only thing missing is enough time to apply those!

Right now, I'm almost 7,000 miles away from home, in Wellington. I'm in Mexico writing a miniseries and it seems it's going to be a long stay. At home, I play piano at a local bar just for the fun of it, mostly jazz and small minimalist pieces I write for myself. I also dig videogames, mostly PC stuff since I suck at the control although I'm thinking of getting me a Wii; it's amazing how much of a fun workout that is, better than going to the gym on a daily basis!  :laugh: Love skiing, rock climbing and tennis court.

I truly enjoy my work, even if sometimes (like now lol) is pretty much 24/7. I'm all day in front of the computer, so this forum is always a welcome change of pace.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 12:04:43 AM »
"...I'm almost 7,000 miles away from home, in Wellington. I'm in Mexico writing a miniseries and it seems it's going to be a long stay." "...I play piano at a local bar just for the fun of it, mostly jazz and small minimalist pieces I write for myself."

When's the movie come out?!?