Author Topic: Inquiring mind wants to know:  (Read 5196 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Inquiring mind wants to know:
« on: July 14, 2007, 12:40:15 AM »
Touti: How did you get to "Hero" status?

Sailor/Ripley: What in the world is it with your "girl scout" and her "cookies"?

Everyone: I have a twisted sense of humor? Do others?
              Do you like dirty jokes?
              Black humor?
              Any topics off limits?
              Politics?
              Religion?
              (credit to Najemikon for the last two)
              Should we have a poll? (Damn sense of humor butting in again!)

I'm afraid I made a juvenile response in invelos - inappropriate placement of a  :laugh: I do not want to make the same mistake here. I'm like to joke around, but do not want to come across in the wrong way. I will never deliberately
insult anyone but...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 12:50:32 AM by Kathy »

Touti

Re: Inquiring mind wants to know:
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 12:54:47 AM »
I increased the number of posts for each group, I'm no longer a hero member.  I want to change those terms anyway and use something realted to DVD's & Movies, I could use suggestions.

Humor, I can take anything.  I'm a very sarcastic person myself and joke about anything.

Najemikon

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 01:01:30 AM »
Well, I'm British, which possibly accounts for my twisted humour with a faint hint of sarcasm.  :P What I've learned is that you have to be yourself on line. If someone misunderstands, you should see it as learning about other cultures and realise that sometimes you can't put something across properly by simply typing.

I've fallen foul of a couple of members at IVS/Invelos. First, we Brits have a fair few phrases that have roots in religion. They're so common, we don't think about them. I used one and was promptly accused of being flippant and offending someones beliefs! He was seriously put out and ended up calling into question the whole basis of British society. Idiot!  :whateva:

I do like to poke fun at you Americans, mainly based around your terrible grammar and spelling!  :devil:Most people realise I'm trying to have a laugh. Some, erm, do not ...  :-[

I think on here, we're a small group so we should feel a bit less self-conscious. I guarantee, for every twisted joke you have, I can match it!

Just so we're clear, I haven't seen any posts from you on either site that should cause offence. Rather the opposite. Anyone who disagrees should take the bug out of their backside and read a thread about "what is a middle name" or something ...  :2cents:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 01:26:51 AM »
Hee hee hee hee - this could be fun!
                        - "twisted sense of humour" (humor!) "with a faint hint of sarcasm". Yippee!
                        - "sarcastic" "joke about anything". Happy days!

:yahoo: :yu: :thundergod: :dance:

Requests/suggestions: I wish I knew how to add, but I don't so... champagne smiley and one that jumps (bounces) up and down gleefully. Please please please! Is there a smiley that begs?!

Ohh - I just looked at my profile page to see what I put there and noticed a smiley download - maybe I can figure out how to add my own smilies. If not... :weep:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 01:33:30 AM by Kathy »

RossRoy

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 01:40:11 AM »
With me, anything goes. I usually steer clear of political and religious discussions, because I find it's useless to argue with a blind, deaf, fanatic (hmmm, did I just describe some of the more active members over at "Invewhat"  :whistle:).

Although I like to poke ribs and test the limit of people. For example, I have a good friend here at work who is a Muslim Arab. Well, after 4-5 years he still doesn't know my real views on religion, but he damn well know I can argue from just about any angle I decide to  :hysterical:

But, I usually stay very quiet on forums. I'll chime in to help people that have a question or sometime express my opinion, but here's my view of what "arguing" on the internet is:

My sincerest apologies if this might be offensive to you, but then, if it is offensive to you, shouldn't you be elsewhere than on the internet?  :hmmmm: (yes, I am royally fed up with all the "Political Correctness" these days.  :voodoo:)

Touti

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 01:54:54 AM »
Kathy, I'll try to find some pretty smileys for your request, if anyone has them feel free to send them over and I'll be happy to add them.

Rossroy, I tend to agree with you.  Political correctness is the new word for hypocrisy.

Najemikon

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 02:21:13 AM »
 :hysterical:

This forum started out like a formal dinner party, with polite small talk and people trying to remember etiquette. But then someone got tipsy and started playing spin the bottle! Rampant debauchery is fast approaching ... whose up for naked twister?  :devil: :cheers:

RossRoy

Touti

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 02:37:30 AM »
:hysterical: :hysterical: This is freakin' killing me 

SailorRipley

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 03:07:21 AM »
Sailor/Ripley: What in the world is it with your "girl scout" and her "cookies"?
Oh, that. Well, it can be absolute meaningless or it can say something about how sometimes words can be twisted into saying whatever you want. If you offer me to eat a Girl Scout cookie, probably the first thing that will come to my mind is Soylent Green. See how my twisted mind works?

Do you like dirty jokes?
              Black humor?
              Any topics off limits?
              Politics?
              Religion?

1. Twisted sense of humor. Well, if I dared to put Skip's (or is Walt's?) face into the Legally Blonde suit...
2. Dirty jokes. I don't know if I like them but I always laugh!  :devil:
3. Black humor. Well, life is short, make fun of it.
4. Nothing is forbidden.
5 and the rest. To quote Cole Porter: "Anything goes".

Touti

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2007, 03:15:55 AM »
Soylent Green.......That's worth a "Movie Analysis" thread.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2007, 03:54:12 AM »

Well...?

Touti

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2007, 03:56:24 AM »

Well...?

I added it to my list......where's yous ? ;)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2007, 05:06:23 AM »
Oh, that. Well, it can be absolute meaningless or it can say something about how sometimes words can be twisted into saying whatever you want. If you offer me to eat a Girl Scout cookie, probably the first thing that will come to my mind is Soylent Green. See how my twisted mind works?

“Funny, these cookies don't taste anything like Girl Scouts.”  :hysterical: :hysterical: I finally got it!
Duh! :slaphead:  I need a smiley that indicates when a joke has flies straight over the top of my head.
Does this mean I lose my “the dirtiest, coolest mind around” award?  :weep: And what about my point? :weep: Or...no...not both?! :'( I'll be hiding in the corner with Touti if anyone wants me.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2007, 09:44:15 AM »
              Do you like dirty jokes?
              Black humor?
              Any topics off limits?
              Politics?
              Religion?
Yes a have and I laughed loud at your "are you compensating for something" joke at IVS. I do like all kinds of jokes and have practically no limits in these matters (every minority has the human right to be kidded).

Personally I would leave out politics and religion. For my sake? No, for yours. I can be quite blunt in these discussions and since we are an international board not averyone will agree with me bute be pissed at me.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools