Author Topic: Thanks everyone.  (Read 7140 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks everyone.
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2007, 03:29:05 PM »
Was a little bored between DVDs :tv: (finished the Special features for Raging Bull and want to see a movie now), so I finally signed up.

Looking around a little, looks like there is fun to be had. :yu:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2007, 03:34:38 PM »
Was a little bored between DVDs :tv: (finished the Special features for Raging Bull and want to see a movie now), so I finally signed up.

Looking around a little, looks like there is fun to be had. :yu:

Point awarded to ya_shin for joining in the fun!

lyonsden5

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2007, 03:35:24 PM »
You're welcome Touti, and thank you. I'm glad you kept things going.

I enjoy coming here as a needed break from the "other site", especially when I find myself getting sucked into a discussion with Mr. Disney  :bag: (AKA "The Douchebag"  :hysterical: too funny Ripley)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2007, 03:45:08 PM »
Point awarded to ya_shin for joining in the fun!
One for you too, for giving me such a great start here :-*

lyonsden5

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2007, 03:50:20 PM »
Welcome Achim.   ;D Nice to see you pop in.

SailorRipley

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2007, 06:29:52 PM »
Welcome ya_shin, hope you have fun!  :)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2007, 11:54:12 PM »
I know we're still only a handfull but...

what a handful!

Najemikon

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2007, 02:50:34 AM »
I know we're still only a handfull but...

what a handful!

Saucy!

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2007, 04:00:21 AM »
I still check invelos a couple times a day, mostly to vote and check my private messages. I sneak a peek at the forums too but not as much as I used to. I don't need a lot of negativity in my life right now and I'm afraid some of the postings over there make me sad. Has anyone else noticed that there seems to be less people logging in? Someone pointed out that you could check out who was using invelos at the same time as I was so I always peek. It used to be dozens, now it's usually fewer than six. Maybe if I felt better I'd feel different, but for the next few months this is the web site I'll be checking frequently! Laughter really is the best medicine and you guys crack me up. Now if we could only get FunkyLA to come over to the dark side!

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2007, 04:03:29 AM »
Thank YOU Touti, it's really nice here.
What I miss from invewhat are all the Krikarians... but I am too shy to ask him to come here :-[

I'm not shy and I can be bought - cheap too - only 1 positive merit point! :whistle:

Touti

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2007, 04:09:46 AM »
I don't want to criticise Invelos so I won't do it.

Now that this highly intellectually challenging comment has been made....... the thing is that until Ken releases something new or decides to get involved in the "let's post the same arguments all over again today/rules comittee", there's nothing happening there that's worth looking at.  I post bugs in the mobile version when I find them, I post requests when I have (good) ideas.  Anything else there lately has been nothing but intellectual diarrhoea but there's a solution to that.

Sanuye

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2007, 04:27:20 AM »
I'm not shy and I can be bought - cheap too - only 1 positive merit point! :whistle:

Point earned  :laugh:

As for the invelos forums... the  :2cents: 1 cent discussion was really too much to bear.
I will not read the "contribution forums" anymore  :yucky:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2007, 04:29:41 AM »

Now that this highly intellectually challenging comment has been made....... the thing is that until Ken releases something new or decides to get involved in the "let's post the same arguments all over again today/rules comittee", there's nothing happening there that's worth looking at.  I post bugs in the mobile version when I find them, I post requests when I have (good) ideas.  Anything else there lately has been nothing but intellectual diarrhoea but there's a solution to that.

:hysterical: I may have posted this, I don't remember, but my Grandpa calls that verbal diarrhea! Oh, I almost forgot, a welcome back point for Touti! :thundergod:

SailorRipley

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2007, 04:35:46 AM »

:hysterical: Good one!

Invelos... Eh, I don't know, I don't like to criticize either but what I do know is that I don't post as often as I used to. What is the point if every 3 comments I have Mr. Walt and Mr. Rifleman (some others as well) rolling their condescending eyes to anyone who dares ask a single question about the rules, the site or the program. I'm not sure about you, but when I read "Listen up, you dumb bastard..." or terrible, offensive comments about Kathy's post on Lady Bird Johnson, I just don't feel like I'm having any fun within a community. I just see hateful comments, dragging their personal politics into a DVD site and having zero respect for any kind of opinion.

What is the point of having a thread running 7 pages long where they incessantly argue about someone who dared change a cent on an SRP field? I swear, every single time I read 'You are in violation of the rules' I feel if I turn my head, Robocop will be standing there, ready to provide me with some sort of violent form of sterility technique. Truly, it borders on the fanatical, do they even watch their movies at all? If it's not that, it's some extreme fanboy arguing just how irremediably imbecile I am for not buying a Blu-Ray machine. Sadly, I don't see any kind of moderation from the owners. I like Invelos and I love the program; the community, I'm not so sure anymore.

It gets old after a while.

Bring on the happy times.

Najemikon

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2007, 01:31:58 PM »
DVD Profiler is a fantastic piece of software, but it brings out the worst in people. Some of the rules are beyond ridiculous now and must be causing people to think twice about committing to it.

I make mistakes, but I do aspire to good spelling and grammar. Therefore it causes me physical pain when I see the rules about overviews and how we must not correct mistakes! Not grammar, of course, just basic printing typos.  :wacko: And my doctor says I must never speak about ... middle names ... again. :'(