Poll

Can I do it?... Can I go without watching any Horror Movies till October?

Of Course! Anyone that can have a record such as your last Horror/Halloween Marathon can do anything!
3 (17.6%)
Who are you Kidding?... There is no way in Hell you can not watch horror for the next Month and a half!
14 (82.4%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Can I Do it?  (Read 40188 times)

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
Re: Can I Do it?
« Reply #180 on: September 21, 2008, 02:25:43 AM »
Where is the science, fiction or otherwise?

Wasn't Cloverfield the movie about a break-through in camcorder technology?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 02:27:33 AM by goodguy »
Matthias

Najemikon

« Reply #181 on: September 21, 2008, 03:32:55 AM »
Where is the science, fiction or otherwise?

Wasn't Cloverfield the movie about a break-through in camcorder technology?

Hmmm... I bet you mean things like battery life, quality of recording, etc? Well, that's just mean! :laugh: I'm talking more diegetic elements... :training:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2008, 03:32:26 PM »
Hey... just noticed.... only 9 days left! I am into the single digits!

OK... now some of you nah sayers must be convinced by now that I can do it... come on... it is barely over a week to go... admit it!  :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2008, 04:00:07 PM »
After all this waiting will you start your marathon at midnight the october first?
OR
Wait wisely to start it later that day?

Pete I've done a musical marathon yesterday so if you need some other ideas for your horror marathon  :laugh:

RossRoy

« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2008, 04:01:44 PM »
OK... now some of you nah sayers must be convinced by now that I can do it... come on... it is barely over a week to go... admit it!  :P

Yep, you've proven yourself.

Now, for the real test. Can you watch EVERYTHING horror-related that you own, in a single month? ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 22, 2008, 04:32:00 PM »
 :laugh: Not possible... if I added everything horror together that I own it would be well over a month non-stop... probably closer to 6 months!  :P
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #186 on: September 22, 2008, 04:41:24 PM »
:laugh: Not possible... if I added everything horror together that I own it would be well over a month non-stop... probably closer to 6 months!  :P

What? You mean you can't multi-task??  :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 22, 2008, 04:52:37 PM »
 :laugh: Nope... not on something like this!... well maybe if I got myself a portable player I could do 2 at a time... but still would fall short! :p
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 22, 2008, 07:54:00 PM »
Looks like I am about to be tested again!  :P

I just got a shipment notice from Amazon that they shipped Friday the 13th: The Series: Season 1... it is through Amazon Prime... but they have delivery date set as tomorrow on Amazon... but I don't see it getting here in only 1 day. So I am guessing it will be here on Wednesday. Whats cool about this though... is there for a bit I completely forgot it was due to come out so soon!

This is a series I have not seen in years... but remembered I used to love this show! So it will be hard not checking this set out... even if it is only 9 days!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 22, 2008, 07:58:41 PM »
Wow!... Maybe that set will be here tomorrow... I just looked at the tracking on Amazon... and it is shipping from Virginia... that isn't far from here at all. :thumbup: (Not that I plan to watch it... just cool that it could be here so fast!)  :P
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 23, 2008, 06:49:57 AM »
So, Pete, I forgot: What's the riling about TV shows? Each episode counts as 1? (Would be a great time to start watching the Death Note anime...)

@Tom:
Would you agree to classify Death Note as horror?

@Pete:
So how do you count TV episodes in such marathon? Each episodes counts as one or just per disc?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 23, 2008, 11:06:38 AM »
Well... of course you can do it however you like... but I personally count the episodes. Mainly because I can't leave out the Halloween Episodes of any show... and 99% of the time there is only 1 episode per season set (when there is one) that is a Halloween episode.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 23, 2008, 04:10:24 PM »
Well, I'll follow you in this case, of course!

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #193 on: September 23, 2008, 11:03:57 PM »
@Tom:
Would you agree to classify Death Note as horror?
Even though it has a guy who kills hundreds of people by writing their names in a book and having two death gods in it, I would primarily categorize it as Suspence/Thriller. But of course it has horror elements in it. IMO it would qualify for the Halloween marathon  :thumbup:

Sorry if I should sound a little incoherent. I am just back from the Wies'n and I have drunk a few Maß  :cheers:

Najemikon

« Reply #194 on: September 23, 2008, 11:14:22 PM »
Anyone looking to stock up on their horror would do well to consider Deep Discount at the moment: Buy One Get One Free on Anchor Bay. I saved a fair bit on their Criterions in a similar offer last month. Now I've just ordered the Mario Bava vol.1 and a Dario Argento boxset and I've made a pretty good saving on their R2 counterparts again. Already have Suspiria on the way so I'm definitely flinging myself into the blood soaked world of Italian horror! Jimmy will be so proud...   :cheers: