Poll

Can I do it?... Can I go without watching any Horror Movies till October?

Of Course! Anyone that can have a record such as your last Horror/Halloween Marathon can do anything!
3 (17.6%)
Who are you Kidding?... There is no way in Hell you can not watch horror for the next Month and a half!
14 (82.4%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Can I Do it?  (Read 38670 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Can I Do it?
« Reply #150 on: September 14, 2008, 01:02:46 PM »
I looked into it a little myself... and see Curse of the Cannibal Confederates is also a Troma movie... so hope you are not expecting too much from it!  :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 14, 2008, 05:04:07 PM »
This is a movie buy by them, but not made by them. At one time they were a great company to distribute independantly made product. If you look at my collection I've some Troma movie : Bloodsucking Freaks, LolliLove, Nightbeast, Garden of the Dead, The Nightmare Never Ends, Frostbiter, Zombiegeddon, ... But the only ones that were made by them are The Toxic Avenger and Buttcrack  :-[(I have this only because it was in a triple pack with Garden of the Dead).

But after reading about this one my expectations are really low : sound like a boring and cheap movie, but maybe it will have something funny in it.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 14, 2008, 06:27:33 PM »
Yeah... that is the way Redneck Zombies was.... distributed by them... but was actually a movie... if I remember right that is... made by some film students.

I have several Troma too...  Way back when DVDs first came out and Troma first got into putting their movies on DVD they had a huge sale where they were actually were selling their movies for only $0.25 each. I jumped at the sale

I ended up getting...

- Blood Sucking Freaks - Absolutely hated this one
- Class of Nuke 'Em High - Pretty ridiculous... but had a few moments worth laughing at
- Girl School Screamers - Watched but been so long really don't remember
- Rabid Grannies - quality wise same as the others... but is kinda fun with lots to laugh at
- Redneck Zombies - pretty idiotic... bought because made here and knew someone in it
- Toxic Avenger - watched long ago but really don't remember
- Toxi Avenger II - Don't remember if I watched this one at all or not. Not according to DVDP but got these before I even heard of DVDP
- Tromeo & Juliet - Don't remember if I watched this one at all or not. Not according to DVDP but got these before I even heard of DVDP
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 14, 2008, 08:26:24 PM »
I love this one, but I don't think that it's a big revelation  :laugh:
I see it as a good exemple of how anything can pass if they are label arthouse, Sardu torture and kill women onstage but no one care since this is an artistic show. I agree that it's not a movie for everyone but as a society satyre it works perfectly for me. The only thing I hate about this DVD is the fact that they have used Eli Roth to do the worst commentary track I've heard in my life. I will be the first in line to rebuy it if a new edition is made with a real involvement by Joel Reed, since I would like to know much more about this film creation. 
- Toxi Avenger II - Don't remember if I watched this one at all or not. Not according to DVDP but got these before I even heard of DVDP
I like the first one, but hate the second (never seen the others part) too much overacting for me.
- Tromeo & Juliet - Don't remember if I watched this one at all or not. Not according to DVDP but got these before I even heard of DVDP
Never seen but almost buy it a couple of time. If you watch it let me know what you think
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 08:28:12 PM by Jimmy »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2008, 08:41:47 PM »
I love this one, but I don't think that it's a big revelation  :laugh:
I see it as a good exemple of how anything can pass if they are label arthouse, Sardu torture and kill women onstage but no one care since this is an artistic show. I agree that it's not a movie for everyone but as a society satyre it works perfectly for me. The only thing I hate about this DVD is the fact that they have used Eli Roth to do the worst commentary track I've heard in my life. I will be the first in line to rebuy it if a new edition is made with a real involvement by Joel Reed, since I would like to know much more about this film creation. 

This one is just definitely not my typoe of thing... actually I am surprised it is still in my collection. It is still in DVDP at least I should check to see if I gave it away yet. Might not of found anyone else that wanted it... I dunno.

Never seen but almost buy it a couple of time. If you watch it let me know what you think

We will see if I get brave enough to watch it this year. No promises on this one though!  :P
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2008, 09:05:07 PM »

Never have watched this one. But I had the Gameboy game for this one  :laugh:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2008, 10:00:37 PM »
But I had the Gameboy game for this one  :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2008, 11:55:18 PM »
Hey!... just noticed on my counter... I am down to 14 days... just 2 short weeks.... I am going to make it! I know I can make 2 more weeks... even if it has been 52 days since I last watched a horror movie! :p)
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 18, 2008, 02:14:34 AM »
Tell me that this seller isn't crazy, because I'm sure he is...

The Sorority

Check the last one, check the price he ask  :stars:
Sell your copy maybe you will catch a real big fish and sell it for that  :shrug:
But you must rewatch it before  ;D

RossRoy

« Reply #159 on: September 18, 2008, 03:16:44 AM »
Check the last one, check the price he ask  :stars:

Well, his name starts with "mad" after all ;)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 18, 2008, 04:38:06 AM »
I can understand an high price for something like that since this is OOP because of a copyright issue with one of the four movie (The Giant Spider Invasion)

The only seller sell it for 177.48 $Can used when the price at the release day was 46.60$.

But when something is not OOP and easilly available, I can't understand how anyone can buy anything at those price.  :shrug:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 18, 2008, 12:41:41 PM »
 :laugh:And I bet you his copy is not going anywhere... but you know.... I can kinda see where he is coming from. After watching that movie... It definitely felt more like a job then enjoyment (which it will next month as well)  So why not expect to get paid for all that hard work!  :P

Small accomplishment this morning. Told my daughter, Brittany how long I went without horror... and how much longer I have to go. She finally admitted that she thinks I can do it now!  ;D
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 18, 2008, 03:11:20 PM »
Small accomplishment this morning. Told my daughter, Brittany how long I went without horror... and how much longer I have to go. She finally admitted that she thinks I can do it now!  ;D
By now I think you can do it too! :D

Heck, maybe October comes around and you don't care about horror anymore :hysterical:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 18, 2008, 03:46:34 PM »
 :o Now do you really think that could happen Achim!?!.... I say not a chance! I am too old to change my ways now!  :laugh:

I been going over Amazon this morning... getting an idea of what new horror movies I should buy when I get paid again (Oct. 3rd). I came up with a list. This list can easily change if say something goes out of stock... something better comes up on sale... someone here is able to change my mind for one reason or another.  Anyway... here is what I am considering at this point... with my reasoning behind the choices...

1. Alien vs. Preditor: Requiem - To be honest I never even seen the trailer for this one yet... but I did enjoy the first one so willing to give it a go.
   2. Halloween III: Season of the Witch - I could hear you all moaning as I typed this one... I know this has nothing to do with the other Halloween movies. But I have seen this one... and apart from the title I kinda enjoyed the actual story. I really think more people would have enjoyed this movie if it was called something else.
   3. The Mist - I have really enjoyed most of the movies based on King's work... so I am really looking forward to checking this one out.
   4. The Amityville Horror: Dollhouse - I remember seeing this one many years ago... we are talking VHS days here... and even though I barely remember the actual story... I do believe I remember enjoying this one.
   5. The Curse of Lizzie Borden - OK... This one is one that isn't really up for debate (unfortunately!)  :laugh:
   6. Diary of the Dead - Romero Zombie Movie... no more needs to be said in my opinion.
   7. 100 Years of Horror: Complete Collection - 5 Disc set Documentary on Horror hosted by Christopher Lee... Sounds like fun and possibly a great way to learn of other horror movies to add to my collection.
   8. Lost Boys: The Tribe - The first Lost Boys is one of my favorite vampire movies... yeah I heard this one doesn't do it justice... but I just have that feeling that I need to see it for myself.

Anyway... that is what I was thinking for my next order. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 18, 2008, 03:58:49 PM »
   1. Alien vs. Preditor: Requiem
Never seen it, but for what I've read this one is suppose to be better than the first one and you've liked it. So the chance are good that you will like this one too.
   2. Halloween III: Season of the Witch
I like this one and I don't understand the hate too (why no special collector edition). Certainly better than all the next Halloween in the serie.
   3. The Mist
If you forget the book you will probably like it, sadly it was not my case.
   5. The Curse of Lizzie Borden
   7. 100 Years of Horror:

Happy to see that 2 of my suggestion are there. OK the #5 is not a suggestion, but your reward because "The Sorority" will be in my october first order  :laugh: