Author Topic: Another typical DVD Shopping day.  (Read 2473 times)

Touti

Another typical DVD Shopping day.
« on: July 05, 2007, 06:26:37 PM »
Life being life and DVD Shopping being what it always is, this morning I spent 45 minutes on Internet doing searches on Inetvideo's web site for everything I have in my wishlist.  I found they had 4 of them so of course the very next minute I'm on my way there.

After digging for a while, it seems that they only have one on the floor but they happen to have all sorts of interesting things.............which totaled up to 92.00$

Before paying I asked the cashier why their inventory database had so many mistakes.  It turns out that it's not their site I've been looking at before going there every time for over a year  :hysterical:

It's the same owners but the web site is an online store which specializes in rare and hard to find movies and is not opened to the public.  The guy told me however that I can place orders online and then pick it up in person so at least I won't have to pay shipping on every single DVD I want when they find them one at a time.

So what did I get ?

I got 3 new titles for my Fox Studio Classics collection which are:
The Rains Came
Return to Peyton Place
In Old Chicago

Plus:

36 Quai des Orfèvres (French thriller with Gerard Depardieu)
15 Février 1839 (French Canadian movie about The Patriots)
The Statement
Something the Lord Made (The one from my wishlist  ;D)
Music Box

I've partially seen Music Box on TV once and always wanted to see the whole movie but I could never remember the title and the actors names.  It came back to me when I saw it on the shelves which made me very happy.  It's about a lawyer (Jessica Lange) who agrees to defend her father (Mike Laszlo) against accusations of war crimes commited 50 years ealier.

I'm very excited about finding this movie, I'm gonna watch it this afternoon and write my first complete review.

I almost forgot, entering all these new movies in DVDP will be a piece of cake because I already did so in my DVD Profiler Mobile as I was taking them from the shelves.....this is so cool....I wanna go back !

RossRoy

Re: Another typical DVD Shopping day.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 08:08:17 PM »
I almost forgot, entering all these new movies in DVDP will be a piece of cake because I already did so in my DVD Profiler Mobile as I was taking them from the shelves.....this is so cool....I wanna go back !

Don't say things like that! It might make me go out and buy a mobile device just for DVDP mobile! I can easily justify the 30$ for DVDP, but the 300$+ for a mobile device and the 18.95$ for DVDP Mobile is just too much!  :surrender:

Touti

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 08:29:31 PM »
You don't have to spend that much, you can get a used Dell Axim X5 on ebay for less than 75$.

RossRoy

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 02:17:40 AM »
You don't have to spend that much, you can get a used Dell Axim X5 on ebay for less than 75$.

Yeah.. but what about the cream of the crop? That's what I want!  :tease:

SailorRipley

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 06:42:38 PM »
Nice finding on Music Box. I remember seeing it a few years back and liking it a lot. The performances are quite good and the story moves along at a nice pace. It's not on par with other Costa-Gavras political thrillers but quite good on its own.

Is it a bare-bones release?

Touti

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 07:27:41 PM »
Could you please forgive my ignorance and tell me what a bare-bone release is ?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 07:38:31 PM »
A DVD with basically no extras what so ever.
Pete

Touti

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 07:47:41 PM »
Ah thanks Pete.  I had never heard the expression used for other things than computer.

Then yes, this release of Music Box is a Barebones release. 

P&S
Scene access
Dolby stereo surround
English sub-titles

Nothing else.

SailorRipley

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 08:00:57 PM »
Thanks!

Too bad about the P&S thing  :yucky:

Touti

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 08:04:35 PM »
Yes I know.  I was so happy finding the movie that I didn't think about checking that.  It would have been nice to have a widescreen version but I'm sure I'll find it somewhere on day.