Author Topic: profiler-style program for MAC?  (Read 2430 times)

mpengle

profiler-style program for MAC?
« on: April 23, 2008, 06:26:50 AM »

The other day I was telling a friend about dvdprofiler and he was really excited to try it. Little did I know that he owned a MAC, not a PC. Anyone know a similar type program for a MAC user??

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: profiler-style program for MAC?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 06:57:11 AM »
There are some yet nothing as good as DVDP. I've been using a MAC for quite some time now, still I have a Windows machine on which DVDP is running.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Touti

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 02:03:07 PM »
Karsten have you ever tried running it on your Mac with Wine ?

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 02:20:33 PM »
Karsten have you ever tried running it on your Mac with Wine ?
Nope.

I once tried the Trial Version of Parallels (parallels.com) but unfortunately my Windows disc didn't work (due to physical damage).

And to be honest: I want to keep my Windows PC. When I scan and edit, I use the very old version of ACDSee 3 to do it and it works very well. If I want to do somtehing with the DVD Profiler XML file, I open my Visual Studio.NET and use the formidable XMLSerializer class.

My MAC is a standard installation plus a Firefox and a Thunderbird. I am not experienced to work with graphics and on neither computer a Photshop or Gimp is installed, I couldn't handle these tools and I hate iPhoto.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 02:26:24 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 02:42:33 PM »
My MAC is a standard installation plus a Firefox and a Thunderbird. I am not experienced to work with graphics and on neither computer a Photshop or Gimp is installed, I couldn't handle these tools and I hate iPhoto.
Gimp is available for the Mac too :)

But I understand... Scanner software and DVD profiler are the two reasons I maintain a Windows installation with VMWare Fusion in my Mac too.

ninehours

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 09:29:43 AM »
I think this one is for Mac
Delicious Library 2