Author Topic: Converting video files  (Read 1184 times)

RossRoy

Converting video files
« on: August 14, 2008, 02:19:40 PM »
Here's my predicament.

I have a collection of video clips here that were shot using my digital camera. The format it gives out is MJPG. Back then, for ease of use and share, I converted them to a more standard Xvid AVI. Thing is, I know need to take these AVI, and make them into a DVD to be able to send it out to the family (I'm thinking a DVD with menus and all).

Any idea what tool I should use? I'd like something easy to use, preferably freeware or cheap.

Touti

Re: Converting video files
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 03:16:10 PM »
I do all my video editing and conversions with AVS Media softwares.  It's good, efficient and affordable.

http://www.avsmedia.com

Touti

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 01:02:12 AM »
So what did you choose in the end Seb ?

RossRoy

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 02:43:48 AM »
I tried AVSMedia, but you know how it is. It doesn't work like I'm used to, so I went back to my trusty old Nero Vision.

What I was hoping to do was create personalized menus, but turns out it's a bit too much work for my taste, and Nero Vision had a somewhat suitable template. So I just create chapter points on the videos, and I was all set.

It's still encoding as we speak (I'm having the encoding done on the oldest computer I have, which never gets used anymore, yet is still a 2.1 Ghz Athlon XP, so it's still decent)