Author Topic: Invelos  (Read 2379 times)

lovemunkey187

Invelos
« on: May 09, 2007, 07:53:36 AM »
This may have been posted elsewhere(and I'm too lazy to check)

Site Issues Resolved - May 8, 2007
We apologize for the site access issues that you may have experienced recently, affecting both our website and portions of DVD Profiler funcionality.

The downtime was a result of a legal dispute between some members of InterVocative Software and Invelos Software. We're happy to report that the issue has been permanently resolved to the satisfaction of both companies. As of the closing of this agreement, InterVocative Software becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of Invelos Software, Inc.

We regret the negative impact to our customer base, and that we were unable to provide any notice or give information on why we were unavailable, due to the temporary court order in effect over the period. I'd like to thank everyone who posted around the net for your amazing support of us over the downtime.

On the bright side of this, we now have the opportunity to go forward with a single program, a single database, and a single user community. We'll be implementing the merges over the next few weeks.

Development continued during the downtime, in between the legal efforts. As a result there are three new things for you to enjoy at Invelos:

User Profiles: Click on a user's name in any forum listing, contribution, etc, and view their user profile. From the profile you can also jump to a listing of that user's forum posts. Here's a sample profile page to check out.
DVD Profiler desktop version 3.0.3 prerelease is available for immediate download to registered users, with several user-requested fixes and enhancements. See the beta forum for details.
DVD Profiler Mobile version 1.0.4 prerelease is available for immediate download to registered users, with several user-requested fixes and enhancements. See the beta forum for details.

Looks like Skip was right not to sweat.

JP_S

Re: Invelos
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 08:14:02 AM »
Lovemunkey

that is darn good news!!!!

richierich

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 12:18:06 PM »
A personal thanks from me Touti for working so hard on providing many users a forum to discuss the Invelos/IVS scenario, trade profiles, vent etc etc by establishing this temporary home

Obviously with Invelos now back online, and seemingly the issue having been totally resolved, time will now be spent on the forums there.

Again thank-you for your efforts to provide this service.

Richard

Touti

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 01:38:42 PM »
You're welcome Richard.  I'm glad it was helpful.

Skywatcher

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 02:31:19 PM »
But I like it here :(

Touti

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 02:36:32 PM »
But I like it here :(

If there is interest the place will stay open ;)

JP_S

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 07:37:25 AM »
Well I like it here too

xyrano

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 10:34:04 AM »
Yea, I like it here.

You know, the invelos.com forums doesn't really allow for the things a "real" community could use, THIS place can!!!
[more whining]
I've tried (like many others) to point out forum functionality that we could use over there, but they have not been answered or whatnot, although we did get the ability to quickly get to our own posts. Between Ken's day job and his family there might not be much time over to plan a better forum. Which is why I'm puzzled he doesn't use something that can be installed in a couple of minutes to support our "needs". I'm sure he is skilled enough to add his own modules to link up with whatever he has, that today needs so much restrictions. Personally, I think Ken is a control freak  ;)