Author Topic: What to do with the site.  (Read 6975 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with the site.
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2007, 12:35:26 AM »
Hmm... I just discovered this old thread.

Well, I think there are still few people here, but I definitely think, Touti, there are lots of options to turn this into a full-fledged site. I mean, the forum is great as is the home page, but in order to increase traffic I think it should only be a matter of exploring what is already out there and what is needed. Of course there are tons of DVD news sites, but there aren't a lot of opinion pieces on those DVD news. Since your site is so much more about DVD collecting than DVD news, there can be content applied to that. You can also have the bigger advertising companies; with DVD sales charts going up each month, of course the market is huge. Have you tried something like LinkShare or GorillaNation? Hell, you could even make some $$$ our of it.

I always think that in a great website, content is king. For example, I did a quick search on DVD blogs, and discovered actually there aren't that many of them, or if there are, they're mostly associated with reviews or DVD news. The big question is, what does DVD collectors wants to see & read. Maybe some of us can help to develop some content. On my part, I'd be happy to help.

What about you all? Do we want to turn this site into something bigger? I say, well why not?

If you're also inclined to help Touti with this, chime in! And also state what would you like to see as a DVD collector that you don't have available anywhere else.

Touti – if you can use a hardworking perfectionist who is neither a writer nor a computer whiz, I’m there for you. Please let me know how I can help.  :)