Author Topic: From...  (Read 6637 times)

xyrano

Re: From...
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 01:07:46 AM »
So Ya'll know I got a new PC some time ago, anyways... I wanted to try Far Cry to see some nice environments, but it didn't run on any other setting than low GFX ...  :voodoo:   :redcard:  so, I went to the store and got Crysis.

:o
Oh man, I've been playing it over and over... it's sooo  8)  The details in some areas are great...  :drooling:

If you play it, be sure to visit:
- a waterfall,
(click to show/hide)
- a shore near a village,
(click to show/hide)
or
(click to show/hide)
...is just a few of the nice things I've seen in this game.

It is nice to see these kind of things in a fps aimed to destroy stuff.

This game have everything and the story is good, all the way to the end.

I give this 5/5 in a heartbeat!

-----------
I've been looking at Jericho a couple of times but I'm always ending up putting the box back  :/  might get it at a very low prize, though.
I haven't seen timeshift on the shelves but it sound interesting.
I won't get Quake wars cuz I've been playing online for a couple of years, so now I'm looking for SP games or co-games like Gears of war.

l8er'z
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 02:16:01 AM by xyrano »

xyrano

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 07:08:58 PM »
...yea okey, guess there aren't too many Crysis maniacs around here, hehe...

I'm been buying games like crazy:
Timeshift, Call of Duty, Lost Planet...
...anyways, back ontopic.

...what game.

- "Isn't she beautiful! I'm falling in love all over again."
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 10:44:32 PM by xyrano »

Najemikon

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 07:52:26 PM »
I tried the demo of Crysis and it was very pretty, but in the end quite frustrating (a bit like a blonde... :devil:). I couldn't get used the power-ups, especially as they seemed to time out before I'd had chance to use the bloody things. I don't like faff in games!  :shrug:

On the other hand, I tried the demo of Timeshift and quite enjoyed it, because it was the opposite. Didn't look as pretty, quite easy, old story... but it's gimmick was cool and straightforward to use.

I'll have another crack at Crysis soon, but I'm currently replaying Mafia. The demo of the sequel is available soon and it looks jaw-droppingly good. I wanted to run through the original again and remind myself of the style. I did run it thinking how bad it was going to look, but it's held up really well! The opening shots of the city are especially awe-inspiring.

xyrano

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 10:43:47 PM »
Hehe, I love the cloak power-up! What you mean "faff"?

Mafia, is that this game?¨Coz if it is, then I have that in an unwrapped state...  :whistle:, can't bring myself to open and play it  :bag:
Is it any good? Now you go, why don't you open and try it out!?  :hysterical:

Timeshift, is nice but for some reason I stoped before I finish the game and... and I usually do not do that with a game that is good :hmmmm:

Lost Planet however, was not made for PC to begin with and they did a poor job porting it to PC (keyboard/mouse). So, I stoped playing that after just a few maps  :thumbdown:  I also hate it when I can not save a game whenever I want to, although in some very good games it makes no difference.

Call of duty was a purchase for nostalgic reasons and I will eventually get to enjoy that game again.

Najemikon

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 12:42:12 AM »
Mafia is excellent. Can't say if the link is that one, because it's dead! You can go here though: Mafia

I think the gameplay is similar to GTA, but to be honest I always found that game so despicable I never played it. But Mafia is set in a city and it's pretty free roaming. Unless a mission is timed you can drive anywhere you like on the way. You can cause crashes and pointlessly hurt people like GTA, but you'll soon have the police on your tail. Heck they do that even if you go over the speed limit! As I said before, it looks great; really detailed. Combat works well. I just finished my favourite level actually: fight your way out of a multi-storey car park with tommy guns and shotguns! The story is set in the 1930s and has an air of Godfather, but owes more to Goodfellas. Couple of dodgy levels, but in general, one of the best games ever.

Ah, sod it. Just unwrap the thing!  :tease:

I got Lost Planet with my graphics card. I know what you mean. Dreadful, couldn't be bothered with it!

xyrano

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 08:12:10 PM »
...yea okey, guess there aren't too many Crysis maniacs around here, hehe...

I'm been buying games like crazy:
Timeshift, Call of Duty, Lost Planet...
...anyways, back ontopic.

...what game.

- "Isn't she beautiful! I'm falling in love all over again."
Hint: Feeling adventurous?  ;D

Mafia is excellent. Can't say if the link is that one, because it's dead! You can go here though: Mafia

I think the gameplay is similar to GTA, but to be honest I always found that game so despicable I never played it. But Mafia is set in a city and it's pretty free roaming. Unless a mission is timed you can drive anywhere you like on the way. You can cause crashes and pointlessly hurt people like GTA, but you'll soon have the police on your tail. Heck they do that even if you go over the speed limit! As I said before, it looks great; really detailed. Combat works well. I just finished my favourite level actually: fight your way out of a multi-storey car park with tommy guns and shotguns! The story is set in the 1930s and has an air of Godfather, but owes more to Goodfellas. Couple of dodgy levels, but in general, one of the best games ever.

Ah, sod it. Just unwrap the thing!  :tease:

I got Lost Planet with my graphics card. I know what you mean. Dreadful, couldn't be bothered with it!
Thanks for the rundown, Najemikon. Much appreciated!

Najemikon

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 10:12:35 PM »
Adventurous? Tomb Raider? Don't recognise the quote though. :headscratch:

Have you played The Club? It's very basic, but very addictive. I thought it would be complete crap, but I played the demo. Then I played it again. And again. So it can't be that bad! :P

If you don't know, you have to shoot men with guns, as quickly as possible, because you get points and bigger points for combos and bigger points for head shot combos, and massive points if you do death roll head shot combos.  ??? :hmmmm:

It sounds awful, doesn't it? But I saw one review that suggested it was an FPS played like a racing game. And it is that sort of draw. Maybe if I play it one more time, I can do it quicker and get a bigger score!

lovemunkey187

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 01:26:37 PM »

Have you played The Club? It's very basic, but very addictive. I thought it would be complete crap, but I played the demo. Then I played it again. And again. So it can't be that bad! :P

If you don't know, you have to shoot men with guns, as quickly as possible, because you get points and bigger points for combos and bigger points for head shot combos, and massive points if you do death roll head shot combos.  ??? :hmmmm:

It sounds awful, doesn't it? But I saw one review that suggested it was an FPS played like a racing game. And it is that sort of draw. Maybe if I play it one more time, I can do it quicker and get a bigger score!

Is The Club by the same folk that Project Gotham Racing?

if so, heard good things about.

Najemikon

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2008, 07:42:29 PM »

xyrano

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2008, 10:55:26 PM »

Yep, sure is Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider - Legend to be precise. Love the acrobatic movements of Miss Laura Croft  ;D

Najemikon

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2008, 12:52:13 AM »
I bet you do, you filthy bogger! :laugh: Mind you I could never complete that game. Watching her swim in the opening level was... kinda hypnotic...

xyrano

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2008, 10:07:27 PM »
I bet you do, you filthy bogger! :laugh: Mind you I could never complete that game. Watching her swim in the opening level was... kinda hypnotic...
Mi is bin der*~  :drooling:

:hysterical: